• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaedrian

Jaedrian

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:34 PM

Hey all, thanks for reading. As the title says, I need help finding ship cards for French Frigates La Vengeance and L'Insurgente. I was wanting to duel some historical fights but also can't find the HMS Guerriere. I'm sure they are in the ship logs I have, but I just can't find them.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 11:18 PM

Hey all, thanks for reading. As the title says, I need help finding ship cards for French Frigates La Vengeance and L'Insurgente. I was wanting to duel some historical fights but also can't find the HMS Guerriere. I'm sure they are in the ship logs I have, but I just can't find them.  

Vengeance was a French 44 gun 24 pdr frigate of the 2 ship Resistance class.  While this ship is not listed in the logs, the identical (in game terms), 44 gun 24 pdr frigate Forte can be used in her stead.  Insurgente, a  Semillante .class 32 gun 12 pdr frigate, can be represented by the identical 32 gun 12 pdr frigate Felicite.  It should be noted that both of these ships were captured and commissioned into the Royal Navy with substantially different armament. 

HMS Guerriere, unfortunately, is not represented in the logs.  Her French sister ship (both of the Romaine class), Immortalitie, is represented.  But that would be her French configuration (Guerriere's armament and crew complement were different under British service).  For HMS Guerriere, use the log for HMS Shannon (Guerriere and Shannon are, in game terms, identical.  Which makes since as both were equipped, armed and manned as 38 gun 18 pdr 5th class frigates).            

#3 Jaedrian

Jaedrian

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:45 PM

Thank you for the reply. I thought there could be some substitutions done, but I don't know that much about Age of Sail to put 2 and 2 together. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users