4 replies to this topic

#1 W. Clark

W. Clark

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationOregon, out in the sticks

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:07 PM

In the case where a Japanese ship with type 93 torpedoes has fired all its TT mounts but has not reloaded; does a hit on a (now empty) TT mount cause a fire? Given that the Japanese had full reloads adjacent to their TT mounts has made me wonder?

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:36 PM

We play it that as long as torpedoes are present (loaded in tubes or adjacent for reloading), the hit would still apply.  

#3 W. Clark

W. Clark

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:34 AM

That makes sense to me.

#4 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 19 May 2021 - 07:29 AM

It's been long enough since I played a game with IJN ships that I can't say with any certainty we played it any differently; however, the rule under 1.7.2 Damage Descriptions on page 1-13 says "TT + Fire* One Japanese Type 93 torpedo tube mount is disabled and related oxygen handling facilities are set afire."

That would seem to indicate there are "oxygen handling facilities" associated with the torpedo mounts, not [just] the torpedoes themselves, that are set on fire - and thus could still be set on fire even after the torpedoes have been fired.  Just saying...

Dave

#5 W. Clark

W. Clark

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 10:59 PM

That also makes sense to me if they had to charge the torpedoes with oxygen. But in any case the torpedo reloads would certainly be sensitive to things going bang regardless of where they were at the time something went bang near them. That was the way I ruled and I just wanted some confirmation that I was right. And I believe that I have that confirmation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users