• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 12:39 PM

So... No offense to the fine folks at ODGW, but I find the Ship Card graphics a bit old-school for my tastes.

And I like the idea of a Ship Card and Deck Log integrated into one document. Thus, Ship Card on the top half of the page, and Deck Log on the bottom half.

So, here's my effort thus far on the top half of the sheet:

gallery_8549_83_59431.png

#2 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 05:02 PM

No offense taken!!!   House rules and player aids are most welcome.  You can also upload them to the public library so others might use in the future.

https://www.odgw.com...access-library/

Thanks

#3 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 12:28 PM

Thank-you for that!

I'll continue to post progress here and will upload to the library once I have some less-WIP results.

#4 Phil Callcott

Phil Callcott

Corporal

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2022 - 03:49 PM

Sorry, but your sail plan is incorrect.

Full sail is all 10 sails set.

Easy sail is with topgallants reefed, that's the top sails on each mast. Mainsails (miiddle), Courses (bottom), Jib (front) and Spanker (rear) would all be set to draw wind.

Battle sail is the same as easy sail except that the Courses would be partially reefed to avoid the ship's own gun muzzle blasts setting them on fire when firing.

The jib and spanker help with changes in direction to push the bow and stern around respectively and are rarely reefed.

The mizzen topsail could be "backed" to act as a brake.

Sailing under topgallants only was a no-no as it put too much strain on the masts.

Nice idea by the way.

#5 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:58 PM

Thank-you for the feedback on the sail diagram, Phil. I certainly need to fix the color coding! I put those as placeholders and then forgot to update them.

#6 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 08:16 PM

I went and checked the sail diagrams, and what I've got is in keeping with the current ship cards for the game. Are you seeing something I'm not, Phil?

I've also made some progress...

gallery_8549_83_165694.png

#7 ProfGRP

ProfGRP

Private

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWaco, TX

Posted 07 March 2022 - 10:13 AM

Sean, very nice. Your data is correct. I think the confusion was that, for example, Easy Sail is Battle Sail PLUS topgallants. Phil probably thought you were suggesting that Easy Sail (Blue) was topgallants only. Full sail is Easy PLUS Battle PLUS courses. The way you have depicted it is straight out to the rules and correct.

#8 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 04:26 PM

So I can use them in a game this weekend, I did the two ships for the first "duel" scenario.

gallery_8549_83_202007.png

• ProfGRP likes this

#9 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 07:18 PM

Slightly revised and improved...

gallery_8549_83_119581.png

• ProfGRP likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic