2 replies to this topic

#1 W. Clark

W. Clark

Captain

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • LocationOregon, out in the sticks

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:37 AM

I noticed on the Gunnery CRTs for the Dutch and the Spanish navies a modifier to initial salvos where you only use 1/2 your D12s. I've not noted that on the CRTs for the USN, RN, RM, French, IJN or KM. Is this a modifier only applied to the Dutch and Spanish navies or should I retro fit it to all?

#2 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 15 September 2021 - 08:08 AM

Bill,

In the latest version of the rules, GQ3.3, Initial Salvos is [Section 5] Optional Rule 1.5.10.  It would apply to everyone, should you decide to play it.  Note it only applies during the day, which I'll admit has always struck me as a little odd...

None of the Gunnery CRTs in GQ3.3, including the Dutch and Spanish, list Initial Salvos as a mod.  All the Gunnery CRTs appear to have been standardized with the same mods list, and the only optional mods they list are 1.5.11 Evasive Action and a reference to 1.5.14 Concentration Fire.  For example they also don't list 1.5.13 Not Engaged.  I had to hunt around, but found a Spanish Gunnery CRT that lists the Initial Salvos mod in the Spanish Civil War Supplement dated 2011 (based on the file dates on my computer).  GQ3.3 came out in 2013 (again based on the file date on my computer).  So your reference to Dutch and Spanish Gunnery CRTs with an Initial Salvos mod is to an older (obsolete?) version.

Dave

#3 W. Clark

W. Clark

Captain

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • LocationOregon, out in the sticks

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:53 PM

I don't have a problem with the modifier. I found it actually listed on the CRTs for the Spanish and the newest version of the Dutch CRT which seemed to infer that it was a standard modifier as none of the optional modifiers are actually listed on the CRTs. But when I looked through the latest version of the CRTs (as best I could tell) for all the other navies; none of them listed that modifier on their CRT.

So it would appear that it is not consistent with the norm as in this case an optional modifier is being actually listed on a CRT. And that answers my question, in that it tells me that the modifier can be ignored unless, of course you are playing with that modifier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users