3 replies to this topic

#1 IanS

IanS

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 04:29 PM

Hi All

On the gunnery charts, their are several instances where you shift the chart based on circumstances.  ie a shift up if you make a 4 point turn.  My question is .... I can see that affects the hit chances, but do you use the penetration from the real range bracket or the adjusted range bracket

Thanks 

#2 Lardness

Lardness

Private

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2022 - 02:40 AM

It would be the real range bracket.....the shifts affect accuracy, but once the target is hit, it's hit!

#3 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 01 June 2022 - 06:53 AM

IanS,

You always use the penetration based on the actual, non-modified/shifted range on the DAY scale.  So as was already said, the shifts for things like turns, multiple batteries, etc. do not effect the penetration.  Also, the shorter range bands for night do not effect penetration.  These are both specified in the rules.  On page 1-11 under 1.6.1 Shell Penetration it states "Armor penetration is designated on each navy’s GUNFIRE CRT using the DAY range scale."  ,,, "Penetration is NOT adjusted for gunnery accuracy shifts or night combat."

Dave

#4 IanS

IanS

Private

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2022 - 10:03 AM

My thanks to both of you in regards to this question. 

It made sense to me to use the actual real range so the clarification was great to hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users