5 replies to this topic

#1 spy0

spy0

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2022 - 09:12 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for scenarios for MP and found some old scenario(Campaign) Packs in green. Can I use them to play with the MP 2nd Edition? Is there any scenario(Campaign) else?

:D

#2 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 06:14 AM

Hi,

ODGW produced back in the early 2000s three scenario packs.   Two WWII era ones and on post WWII.  The WWII ones are compatible with the Core rules and can be used.  The post WWII one is not as the Equipment tables are wrong.

Unfortunately we have not produced these book in quite a while.  Sales just didn't warrant them at the time.

We have considered bring them back.   Would this be of interest to folks?  Let us know.

Thanks

#3 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:48 PM

Yes, on the scenario packs!

#4 schoon

schoon

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 04:05 PM

You can never have enough scenarios!

#5 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 05:42 PM

I admit to just making up my own scenarios and can't remember if I purchased any of the scenario packs or not.   I will have to check and see if they are lying around somewhere.  I did purchase the Mein Panzer Battlecards and still have them.
They allow a for certain number of random events in the game and are fun if you want a little variety in your games.

The scenarios I create are not typically actual events but based on things that could have occurred if they did not actually happen exactly the way the scenario depicts it.  I try to create fun games keeping in mind that not all players may want all the rules at once.  I have done more complex games with infantry, artillery, hidden deployment etc.  The games our group played in were sometimes fairly short lasting about 3 or 4 hours and sometimes went on for several sessions over several weeks.  I found with the longer games that sometimes player interest would wane after 2 or 3 sessions and then the work load would become too much for the remaining players.

• healey36 likes this

#6 Greg Mc

Greg Mc

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 01:10 AM

Definitely an interest in scenario packs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users