9 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 12:36 PM

Update on the Mein Panzer Core Rules

Bob, myself and others have gone thru the entire rule book and made changes.  The updated book is available to purchase now both in digital and printed formats.  All who have previously purchased and registered either the Digital or printed copy of MPC can access and DL the new version.  This is now in the Private Access Library as Mein Panzer Core Rules Total Download 2.1b.

What's New:

08/28/2022 MP Core 2.1b

1. Cleaned up some formatting and spelling errors

2. Updated some formatting

3. Updates and clarifications made to various parts of the chapter rules.

4. Added more play examples.

5. Updated the Reference Cards

6. Updated the Game Templates

7. Updated the Mid Cold War and Late Cold War Chapters

This included 18+ months of writing, researching, and playtesting.  The playtesting part was mainly focused on Post WWII (i.e. Modern) items.   Items like Missiles (guidance, range, hit probabilities, attack profiles, etc.), variety of vehicle fire control systems, and the influence of 45 years of tech (up till the fall of Soviet Union 1990) on all parts of weapon systems and military tactics.  Post 1990 systems will come but I had to draw a line somewhere.

All this with the aim of moving forward with more Post WWII data books.  To this end the old Chapters 58 Cold War and Chapter 64 Ultra-Modern were renamed Chapter 58 Mid Cold War and Chapter 64 Late Cold War.  Weapon platforms in these chapters were all updated with more solid stats and play tested.

While Troop Quality (How well trained are your grunts?) will always be the first consideration in MPC play, items like evolution of Fire Control systems, Ammo Quality, Armor Protection, and tactics used in battle all are important aspects of the game.

Speaking of "game".  That is what MPC is, a game.  A simulation of warfare on a table top.  Playability is the number one item when ODGW writes the games we sell.  Realism and other aspects are important and hold a high spot in the hierarchy.  However, if something doesn’t play well in the game then no one will use it.  In Post WWII tech there are many, many options to use in your game.

#2 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for the update, Kenny!

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 31 October 2022 - 10:02 PM

Just a note for everyone...

I have updated and posted (both for the individual card and the complete rule book download)the Advanced Reference Card formatting to match the formatting updates that were made to the rules. I should have done this earlier, but, to be honest, I just noticed it now while updating the 10-15mm cards and the Easy-Vis Cards. I also updated and posted the 10-15mm Advanced Reference Card, the Easy-Vis Advanced Reference Card and the 10mm-15mm Easy-Vis Advanced Reference Card.

Download and Enjoy!

• Kenny Noe likes this
~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#4 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 01 November 2022 - 06:20 AM

Thanks Bob!

you da man!! 

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 01 November 2022 - 12:42 PM

I have completed the last of the File Updates/Uploads to the Private Access Library for MP Core 2.1b. I have updated all of the scale template files and the Printing Instructions File. There are now only 3 Scale Templates files to download as I have consolidated all of the templates.

• 6mm Templates (comes in the full download and print version)
  • 10-12mm Templates
  • 15mm Templates

I also have updated and uploaded the Markers file to match the 2.1b Version of the rules. I have also added 3 other Markers files that contain additional Overwatch, Activated and Pin Markers for those large games (Additional Markers #1 and #2) and Building Markers (Cellar, Roof, 1st Floor, etc.) Weapons Markers (Rifle, SAW, Molotov Cocktail, Satchel Charge, etc.), Rubble (for those destroyed Buildings) and Fire Lane Markers.

Finally, I updated and uploaded the Advanced Playsheets file. 

All of these files are located in:

Old Dominion GameWorks → Downloads → Private Access Library→ Mein Panzer→ Core Rules→ Component

Have fun and enjoy!

• Kenny Noe and Peter M. Skaar like this
~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#6 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 04:59 PM

Thanks, Bob!

#7 acctingman69

acctingman69

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 05:58 PM

Where do we access the private library files?

#8 Greg Mc

Greg Mc

Private

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 09:41 PM

Where do we access the private library files?

When on a desktop browser, logged in to the website, you should see a "Downloads" tab at the top of the web page. When you click that, it will bring you to a screen that offers you the public and private library options.

#9 acctingman69

acctingman69

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 10:55 AM

When on a desktop browser, logged in to the website, you should see a "Downloads" tab at the top of the web page. When you click that, it will bring you to a screen that offers you the public and private library options.

Yea, I'm not seeing access to the Private Library.

I wonder if it means I need to submit my product code?

#10 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 01:00 PM

You are correct, in order to have access to a Private Library you must register your rules set here first.  Registration pages are the last page in the book before the back cover.  Each registration page has a unique serial number that must be used to register.

I checked your account, there are no purchases or registrations associated.

Hope this helps.

• Greg Mc likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mein Panzer, Core, Rules, Update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users