• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jaime Chamberlain

Jaime Chamberlain

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

Has anyone created a set of rules for sewer movement that could be used with MP? Some friends and I are thinking about a Stalingrad scenario with one or two units per side being able to utilize the sewers for 'sneak' attacks. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!If not, I'll have to dig out my SL box and see if I can find the appropriate rules to convert.Jaime

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:18 PM

Jaime,There are presently no rules for this, but a simple method would be to have a map and apply the "moving in a building" modifier for infantry. Also, use the limited visibility rules from Chapter 5, "Game Mechanics," to simulate the reduced sighting.Best of luck on your scenario!Cheers,Gregory

#3 Jaime Chamberlain

Jaime Chamberlain

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:30 PM

Gregory,Thanks for the info! We'll try them out on our next urban battle.Jaime

#4 Sacha

Sacha

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:51 PM

But there should be some kind of a check to see if they get lost or loss of bonus move because of caution or the "nope, not that manhole" situation.maybe a TQ check to see if they don't get lost????

#5 Jaime Chamberlain

Jaime Chamberlain

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:42 AM

Here are some simple rules that are based on a set that I found on a Crossfire website (which were borrowed from FoW). They are pretty abstract, but should work quite well with Mein Panzer.In heavily urbanized terrain, a squad can use the sewer system to sneak up on the enemy. Unfortunately it was easy to get lost in the underground labyrinth, so accurate movement is not a sure thing. The rules are:1) Make six counters for man hole covers. They must be numbered 1 through 6.2) After terrain placement, the "attacking" player places a man hole cover on the table. The players then alternate until all six man holes are placed. Man hole covers can be anywhere "urban." What counts as "urban" is scenario specific, but includes streets, buildings, parks, and ruins.3) At the start of the game, each side may allocate one squad to infiltrate via the sewers. Only normal infantry may be used for the sewer squad: no weapon teams (HMG, mortar, etc.) allowed.4) The chosen sewer squad is held off table at the beginning of the game until it emerges from a man hole cover.5) Sewer movement is a special movement action. When the squad becomes active, roll 1d6 and consult the table below.1d6 Result1 Who Goes There? If only one side has an infiltrating squad in the sewer, treat this option the same as Lost In The Dark! If both sides have a unit in the sewer, then they encounter each other and close combat ensues. The CC is resolved normally until one squad is eliminated (no retreating).2-3 Lost In The Dark! The squad is temporarily lost in the sewer tunnels for this turn.4 Where Are We? The infiltrating unit emerges from the sewers, but having become disoriented underground, they come out at a random man hole. Throw 1d6 to determine which one they emerge from.5-6 We've Made It! The squad emerges from the man hole cover of the player's choice.6) When the infiltrating squad exits, all members must end up within one stand width of the man hole cover. This action is susceptible to reactive fire. Once the squad emerges, it may not re-enter the sewers for the remainder of the game.7) If close combat occurs in the sewers, it may be helpful to place the opposing squads on a "quiet" portion of the table to work out the melee combat.Feel free to make any changes that you want. One option for larger games would be to use a platoon instead of a squad for infiltration.JC

#6 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:46 AM

That seems very workable. Did you try these out? Am interested in your game if you did.Cheers,Gregory

#7 Jaime Chamberlain

Jaime Chamberlain

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:01 AM

Nope, I haven't had a chance to use the movement rules with MP yet. We tried them out during a skirmish-based game, and they worked great. Since it was a skirmish game, the infiltrators were 2-man recon teams. Unfortunately, we didn't roll a CC event but there's always next time!JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users