• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:12 AM

When you guys get some time would you post a few scenarios?Regards, Chuck Hamack

#2 Lonnie Gill

Lonnie Gill

Captain

• ODGW Staff
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:29 PM

Chuck,Yes we will. I am cleaning up the files for several scenarios. It's an unfortunate fact that work sometimes conflicts with the clearly more important pursuit of naval wargaming. That said, I'll try and get them up soon.The Scenario files will include a Scenario Log you can edit for use in preparing your own scenarios. Also, we invite you (i.e., everyone) to send in some of your scenarios so shipmates can benefit from your good ideas. As the old nautical phrase goes, bear a hand!

#3 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

Scenarios I can do...after several other projects too. What I don't want to do is repeat any work already done.Kind regards, Chuck Hamack

#4 Charles Duggie

Charles Duggie

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

Hi; I found this on Dave Manley's list of naval wargame. I haven't tried the rules but I have explored the scenarios included with the rules and came away totally astounded! I downloaded over 80, YES EIGHTY!!, prepared scenarios for 20th century naval battles. I checked some of these and found few, if any, errors. The errors were minor. I have been naval gaming for 35+ years, and have well over 600 books on naval warfare. It would take me quite a few hours to duplicate this information into easy to understandable shape like this. From now on I'll be using these scenarios with a light check against my own info. Those of you without an extensive library could save a lot of time here. And even with that library you can get off to a running start,http://www.vonage.com/startsavingnow/Good GamingChuck Duggie

#5 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:33 AM

Chuck,This is a link for Vonage, an internet telephone company.CinC

#6 Lonnie Gill

Lonnie Gill

Captain

• ODGW Staff
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:13 PM

Great tip Chuck! David Manley's site is a real asset for our hobby. He and his contributors have prepared a number of scenarios, optional rules and other materials for the original General Quarters and a variety of other naval wargame rules for various periods. Lot's of food for thought; definately worth a look. There's also a link to Battle Fleet, the newsletter of the Naval Wargame Society in the UK. The NWS has been a great source for many years.Try www.btinternet.com/~david.manley/naval/naval.html for the site.We're a small hobby, but the energy and enthusiam invested in David's site are a boon to all of us. I look forward to our sharing ideas among the naval wargaming community on this forum as well. P. S. Chuck, great to hear from you! It's been a while since our courses have crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users