• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

Greetings shipmates,Now that we have grown sufficiently to accommodate all of the General Quarters crew, we want your input on what should happen next. We have a poll set up at the top right of the website so you can vote on what you would like to see next. Choices are:[ul][li]Biplanes & Battleships — a hypothetical conflict between Japan and the U.S. in the latter half of the 1930's.[/li][li]Coastal Actions — patrol craft up to destroyers, allowing greater detail in littoral and convoy actions.[/li][li]Modern — from post-Korean War to the present missile era.[/li][li]Pre-dreadnought — a currently very popular era with a wide range of interesting ship designs that mostly did not see action, but set the stage for the Battleships. Would include Russo-Japanese War.[/li][li]World War I — 'Nuff said![/li][li]World War II campaigns — full scale scenario and background packs for some of the interesting battles of WWII.[/li][/ul]Please let us hear from you!Cheers,CinC

#2 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:48 AM

Greetings,Our GQIII poll, "The Way Forward," has been up since mid-November. We will close it at the end of the month.Cheers,CinC

#3 Martin Jerred

Martin Jerred

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

It's looking fairly conclusivly in favour of WW1With B&B second by a fairly big margin - I'm not sure this is big enough for a full work anyway, surely more of a supplement with ship & plane logs (and CRTs?). The current WW2 set is dated 1930-50 afterall, so if the WW1 set was 1910-30 it's be covered no?Zippee

#4 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:05 PM

All,I have decided to close "The Way Forward" poll a little early, since we have a clear result, and I believe that everyone who has purchased copies of the game has voted. I suspect we may now be seeing double-voting, which the website unfortunately cannot prevent. Below is the final tally: Posted Image Clearly the most desired first supplement is WWI. Along with the fascinating pre-dreadnought era and always worthwhile WWII campaign packs, the interest in the 1930's Pacific is intriguing. A Japan vs US war starting in the '30's was postulated by Hector Bywater, a naval theorist who wrote the book The Great Pacific War in 1925. The later decade, around 1937, also presents many unique possibilities for a campaign. Please note that these results are informational only and non-binding, so a topic low on the list does not mean it will never see publication.Thanks to everyone who participated!CheersCinC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users