• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Bradley

Jason Bradley

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:12 AM

So while WWII naval battles have been an interest for me for a while, I'm just now starting to get into the details. I have a battle coming up and need to bring 30pts of ships, here's my options:USN:CA Baltimore *DD Fletcher x3DE Buckley x3DD Paul Jones x3 *CA San Francisco x2 *IJNDD Suzutsuki x3NagatoCA KakoDD Yugumo x3CA Aoba *DD Hatsuharu x3CL Nagara *Digging through the ship logs provided in the book I've been able to find thos ships above with asterisks. I still have to dig through the Japanese logs in a little mroe detail.In the USN logs, I can't find any DE's, and there is a DD Fletcher but after googling there appears to be two different ships with the name 'Fletcher' and two different classes. I'm assuming the Fletcher in the logs is the actual name sake for that class?So I have a couple of questions!1 - Where do I find DE logs?2 - Are there other logs out there for classes not included wit the rules?3 - Is there a good place to find an easy reference for classes and ship names? It would be really nice for those who are relatively new to WWII naval if the logs mentioned what class the ship was and so on.

#2 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

When I googled USS Fletcher, I saw hits on DD-445 and DD-992. DD-992 is a modern Spruance class DD. DD-445 was the namesake of the Fletcher class of DDs in WWII, and is the one on the GQ3 rules.I agree I don't see any SDSs for US DEs. You'll have to use the Design Data in the downloads section to make them.

#3 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:20 AM

P.S. One other comment on your list of ships. Based on your comment about 30 pts of ships, it appears you're trying to make this "an even fight".If so, I'd lose Nagato and take a few more cruisers or DDs.

#4 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:23 PM

Actually, there is a log for the US DEs on the 'USN Amphibious' sheet. It's the USS England (one of the more famous DEs, in fact) of the Buckley class. US DEs were, for game purposes, all the same design and would have the same stats. Most were armed with 3x3" guns while the Rudderow class were equipped with 2x5" guns (1 fore, 1 aft).The Fletcher is on the 'USN 1942 Destroyers' sheet along with at least one sister, O'Bannon.Kako is on the 'IJN 1941-43 Surface' sheet. The log can also be used for her sister ship, Furutaka.Yugumo is on the 'IJN 1941-43 DDs' sheet. The Hatsuhara (pre 1943) would be similar to the Shigure (also on the 'IJN 1941-43 DDs' sheet with the substitution of 2x3 torpedo tubes for the 2x4 torpedo tubes listed. Lastly, the Suzutsuki's sister ship, Akitsuki appears on the 'IJN 1943-45 DDs' sheet.

#5 Jason Bradley

Jason Bradley

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

hey guys, sorry there was some confusion based on my explanation. The lists above are ships I own as miniatures. Out of those I need to build a 30pt. fleet for an upcoming game. I'll probably build 30pt's for both fleets so I'm prepared to play either.I found the DE USS England, thanks! I also found pretty much everything but the Hatsuhara which if I'm reading you right just isn't included btu can be substituted so it should be good.It still would be really nice to have the class listed on the ship logs for those of us who aren't real familiar with this sort of thing, it would make it much easier to find the right ships. As it is I had to google the classes I had, and the name lists for some of those classes can get long!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users