5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:58 PM

Hi,For multi-player games...should I have players activate like MP and have everyone on the side activate at the same time? Or is there a better way?Joe

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

Hey Joe,Activate the same as Mein Panzer.Note that if one side has more activating units then the other, then the extra units will activate at the end of the turn.Example: The Conederate players have 6 units each and the Union players have 5 units each. The game turn will consist of 5 activations with the Confederate players activating their 5th and 6th units last. The Activation chart would like this: Posted Image

#3 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

One thing we try to build into our games is the concept that "everyone plays". I've never liked playing in a multi-player game and being stuck with "reserves" and never getting a chance to play because my units aren't critical. So in your game, each player activates a unit each phase of the turn.In ABL, unlike MP, units can be combined and/or lost causing the usual Mein Panzer activation method to be difficult to manage. This is why extra units are activated at the end of the turn, which is contrary to what you are used to in Mein Panzer. However, there is an optional rule in ABL where you can use the same activation method. It may require some additional recordkeeping but there is a form (I think) included allowing you to change your number of activations per turn. We made that optional as it is usually easier to just activate the extras at the end of the turn. The rules will explain it in more detail.

#4 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

bbenge wrote:

Hey Joe,Activate the same as Mein Panzer.Note that if one side has more activating units then the other, then the extra units will activate at the end of the turn.Example: The Confederate players have 6 units each and the Union players have 5 units each. The game turn will consist of 5 activations with the Confederate players activating their 5th and 6th units last. The Activation chart would like this: Posted Image

Bob,Differently than Mein Panzer, why do the extra units activate at the end of the turn?Gregory

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

"Differently than Mein Panzer, why do the extra units activate at the end of the turn?"

Quoting Jon; "In ABL, unlike MP, units can be combined and/or lost causing the usual Mein Panzer activation method to be difficult to manage. This is why extra units are activated at the end of the turn, which is contrary to what you are used to in Mein Panzer.However, there is an optional rule in ABL where you can use the same activation method. It may require some additional recordkeeping but there is a form (I think) included allowing you to change your number of activations per turn. We made that optional as it is usually easier to just activate the extras at the end of the turn. The rules will explain it in more detail. " ;)

#6 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the help guys!Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users