• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Henderson

Robert Henderson

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:59 AM

It might be a good idea to go through the downloads and cull anything that does not match the Amendment 1 standards to avoid confusion as to what is current and what is old.

#2 Randy A Montrose

Randy A Montrose

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

I would second that. You guys are doing a fantastic job with all the provided downloads, but now with Amendment 1 out it gets confusing what's up to date and what's not.Rip

#3 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

Very reasonable suggestion. Will work on that over the holiday.Thanks,CinC

#4 Patrick Odell

Patrick Odell

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

I have downloaded the amendment 1 files and the charts are all gibberish. I have DL'd them twice, from 2 different computers.

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:01 PM

Sounds like you have an earlier version of Adobe's pdf reader. The files were set-up with version 8.0. Any earlier pdf readers will scramble the files. Best solution is to download the latest reader from Adobe's website (its free, BTW). That should fix the problem.

#6 Philippe Albouy

Philippe Albouy

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:44 AM

Sorry for disturbing,I may be stupid but where can the amendment be donwloaded (I am a registered user and did not find this in the donwload section) ?thanks for the information.

#7 Martin Jerred

Martin Jerred

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:43 AM

Herehttps://www.odgw.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=36&Itemid=30In the download libraryZippee

#8 Philippe Albouy

Philippe Albouy

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for the information Zippee but that was exactly where I went and there is nothing.And it is still the case. Now strangely the only section with files in the private library is "Mein Peinzer 2", a game I do not own.... I had recently a problem with my member login and the admin changed their database, I wonder whether they could have garbled my membership.If all the other registered GQ users have access to these files it may be the explanation (on the old website I downloaded lots of stuff which have vanished on this one....). Any opinion welcome.Again, sorry for disturbing.

#9 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:37 AM

Antiphilus,Send a Private Message (via the Inbox) to the "CinC" or shoot him an email, and he can check up on your member access. Sounds like an "oops" on our end.

#10 Philippe Albouy

Philippe Albouy

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Jon,the problem has been solved by Gregory. I have full access now.Just waiting for the incoming GQ3 WW1.....:evil:

#11 Thomas Tuohy

Thomas Tuohy

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:22 AM

On a slightly different note, I can't seem to download the last two files in the Amendment 1 directory (Rules and Turn Indicator). Everything else came through fine but these two consistently come through empty - file name and 0K contents. If someone can shed some wisdom on this I'd appreciate it.LT

#12 Matthew Laing

Matthew Laing

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:19 AM

Same with me. I can download but cannot open the rules nor the turn indicator amendments. Everything else is fine. When I check the file properties, the file size is zero bytes. When I try to open the files I get an error message saying the file is an un-supported type or it is damaged. Could these two files be corrupt?ThanksMatt

#13 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

I have checked this and have the same problem. I was using Acrobat Reader 7 at work though, so I want to try this at home with Acrobat Reader 8. The Amendment 1 files are Acrobat Reader 8 optimized and others have had problems using lower version of the reader. Make sure you are using Acrobat Reader 8 to view these files. I'll post back after I try downloading these at home.

#14 Matthew Laing

Matthew Laing

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

I'm using Adobe reader version 8.1.1, which is the latest version as far as I know.

#15 Thomas Tuohy

Thomas Tuohy

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:52 PM

bbenge wrote:

I have checked this and have the same problem. I was using Acrobat Reader 7 at work though, so I want to try this at home with Acrobat Reader 8. The Amendment 1 files are Acrobat Reader 8 optimized and others have had problems using lower version of the reader. Make sure you are using Acrobat Reader 8 to view these files. I'll post back after I try downloading these at home.

I've also tried using Acrobat 8 and it makes no difference. The problem isn't that they're garbled -like the gunfire charts, for instance- but that they show as having a length of 0 kb, i.e., the file is empty.LT

#16 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:54 AM

I reposted both these files today. See if they work now.CinC

#17 Matthew Laing

Matthew Laing

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:55 AM

Good to go...thanks!

#18 Thomas Tuohy

Thomas Tuohy

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

Just tried them and they came through clean as a whistle B) . Thanks much.LT

#19 Martin Schmidt

Martin Schmidt

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

I seem to have the same problem as others.I registered my copy of GQ3 and can't seem to access the amendment.Martin :(

#20 CinC

CinC

ODGW Janitor

• ODGW Staff
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

Here are instructions for making the site compatible with IE7:[ul]Accessing the ODGW website with Internet Explorer v7.x can sometimes be difficult depending on your IE7 settings. If you are having troubles, follow the instructions below and this should resolve your access problems. 1. Go to the Start menu and choose Control Panel. 2. Select Internet Options. 3. Select the Security tab and click the Trusted Sites icon. 4. Click the Sites button 5. Uncheck the option that states "Require server verification ( https: ) for all sites in this zone". 6. Add web sites to the list of trusted web sites: https://www.odgw.com https://www.odgw.com https://www.odgw.com https://www.odgw.com 7. Click OK after adding the web addresses. 8. Click the Custom Level button. 9. Scroll down to the "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" section. For the "Allow Scriptlets" entry, select the "Enable" option. 10. Click OK and then click the "Yes" button when the warning message dialog window appears. 11. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog. 12. Close all IE windows and open a new, clean, IE window before logging in. [/ul]See if this helps.CinC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users