Jump to content


Photo

Soviet Listings in WWII Data Book?


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 76mm

76mm

    Private

  • ODGW Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2026 - 06:22 AM

I've been interested in Mein Panzer for several years, but am not interested in spending this much for a game with rather expensive pdfs for rules and data book without understanding what I'll be getting.  In particular, I'd like to know whether the WWII Data book includes comprehensive listings for Soviet equipment (including tanks and aircraft) throughout the war years, including 1941 or even 1939?  In my experience, many games have pretty abbreviated Soviet equipment lists when compared with, say, the US or German sides.  BTW, I'm not too worried about TO&E, I've got other sources for that.



#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

    Mein Panzer Guru

  • ODGW Staff
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 27 September 2026 - 01:00 PM

When I put the WW2 Databook, I wanted to make sure that it was complete and that the gamer could replicate ANY battle or any potential battle that could occur during ANY point of WW2 (39-45). It contains infantry, vehicles of ALL types, aircraft of all types, ships of all types and some TO&E. You should be able to put together ANY TO&E for any country that is not included from the start to the end of the war. The WW2 Databook includes 29 countries where the print verison contains 13 (all of the major countries are in the 13) of the 29 countries and the 16 minor countries are available for download. This was done to keep the cost of the book down. FYI, there are 18 pages in the Russian chapter of which approx 9-10 pages are equipment tables, 4 pages are aircraft and ordanance and 1 page of Ship  and amphibious craft tables. And if I missed something, let me know and give me some stats with documentatioin and I'll add it. IMHO you won't be disappointed. Also, if you like the idea of potential of what ifs, then the WW2 Secret Weapons may warrant a look.


~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#3 76mm

76mm

    Private

  • ODGW Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2026 - 02:14 PM

Very helpful, thanks.  I'm reading through the 1st Ed. rules now and like what I see, so plan to get the second edition and the databook as soon as my budget permits!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users