• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Steven Landers

Steven Landers

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:49 AM

Just a couple of questions about this.1. Is there any estimate as to when it will be available?2. Will it work as a plug in to MP? i.e., use MP for armor, and replace infantry rules with these rules?

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hi landorl,To answer your questions:"1. Is there any estimate as to when it will be available?"No not at this time. We refuse to give out time estimates to any project any more due to our continued inability to meet these estimates. I wish I could give you one. The project could be a while as we have been undergoing some internal changes that should be totally cleared up in August and an abnormal amount of personal issues with the staff that have been sapping our time."2. Will it work as a plug-in to MP? i.e., use MP for armor, and replace infantry rules with these rules?"Our intent is to use Meine Truppen as an infantry only game/supplement that could function as a replacement plug-in to MP infantry rules, but this could be subject to change as the game/supplement is developed.Thanks for your inquiry. :)

#3 Steven Landers

Steven Landers

Private

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I can't wait till I hear more about these rules, and I hope that things straighten out for all of you.Thanks for all that you guys have done with MP. It is a great game and one of my favorites!

#4 Skipper Skillman

Skipper Skillman

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

I've been a big fan of MP for a while, but I'm really interested in the Infantry battles. This is the area where MP aseems weakest. I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting for some sort of update. Can you give us a little teaser information or at least let us know how progress is coming (general vague information is fine). I've curently been using IABSM, but I'd like to go a little larger scale. 2-3 companies and support. Skipper

#5 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Skipper,Interestingly, we have found that one of MP2's strongest areas is its infantry combat. But that is because we have been playtesting the rules which will be included in Meine Truppen. We have no date estimate, but we are working on it. It will involve more than just an update to the infantry rules. There will be some other updates as well, giving players the options to use different methods of resolving certain types of combat, such as artillery and mortars. The ground scale is set at 1"=25yds, allowing us to use fire teams and keep the concept of the Kill Table in the rules. As for the rest, we have more work to do. But we are proceeding apace.If you are seriously interested in helping with production of the rules, we can always use playtesters who will actually playtest the rules (hint, hint,...).Cheers,Gregory

#6 Skipper Skillman

Skipper Skillman

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:29 AM

I might be interested....I'll see if our group has enough interest in play testing. Tinme is sometimes a premium so I need to see how they feel before tackling this. I'll post back either way. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product though and will definitely be in line to purchase it. There is a new club forming loaclly that might also be interested. I'll see how they shape up and see if they might be interested.Skipper

#7 Skipper Skillman

Skipper Skillman

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:05 AM

Sent you a PM through the Inbox function regarding Meine Truppen.Skipper

#8 Skipper Skillman

Skipper Skillman

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

We completed our first test run on Wednesday. I'll give my first impressions here and more detailed analysis later. This was our first time back to the Meine Panzer system in a while and I had a lot of refreshing to do. My opponent, Brett< was completely new to the system. Therefore much of this game was spent re-learning or learning the rules. Brief impressions.1. The Artillery templates are hard to keep track of. We went artillery heavy just to get the use of the stuff to a maximum. The number of templates forced us to keep sorting through the stack to find the ones we needed.2. The artillery seemed to have a pretty balanced feel. It wasn't either overwhelming or underpowered. Basically, it seemed to do just what it should have. Killing some, but really pinning down large amounts of units.3. I'm getting older now and that darn 2 page reference chart was near impossible for me to read. I kept having to move to a bright light to determine outcomes. Is there any chance we can get these in a four page format?4. We made a number of mistakes in proceedures, but that was due to our lack of familiarity. The last few times I ran MP I was running a double blind game.Turned out it was a lot of fun and Brett is up for another battle whenever we can set it up....maybe next Wednesday.Also, is this were you want the feedback posted? I'm having trouble locating another "Playtest" location.Skipper

#9 Todd Reed

Todd Reed

Private

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

This is an old thread, but my question pertains to the release of Mein Truppen. Is it still a project that is being worked on?

#10 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:32 PM

Yes it is, albeit slowly.

#11 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

todd.jayhawk wrote:

This is an old thread, but my question pertains to the release of Mein Truppen. Is it still a project that is being worked on?

We have a playtest set of rules, that is waiting for further test results. Once we have received them we can move further forward. Not to fear, there will be a Meine Truppen!Cheers,Gregory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users