9 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

Okay everyone,Having corrected my millimeter gaff on my original charts and finding that I didn't change All of the yards notations, I have finished the updated Surface Gunnery Charts for 1cm=200yds. I have changed all of the yards on each of the Gunnery charts (I hope!) to cm (or in case of the Minesweeping chart mm, as notaed on the chart, since they were 1 cm or smaller). This should make for easy game playing at this scale. These charts were derived from the latest Amendment 1 Gunnery Charts so they are the latest and greatest rules/stats.Enjoy!!!:cheer:

#2 William MacGillivray

William MacGillivray

Private

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

Wanting to have my cake and eat it too :laugh: Has anyone produced amendment 1 versions of the 1cm=200yds turn guages?

#3 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

Has anyone produced amendment 1 versions of the 1cm=200yds turn guages?

Not that I'm aware of, but it's easy enough to do on your own. The first method is to take the full size print to a copy service (like FedexKinkos) and copy it half size. The second method is from the pdf; when printing the gauges, click on 'File' (at the top o the pdf) and click on 'Print', this will bring up a dialog box for printing. Scroll down to 'Page Scaling', open the drop down menu and click on 'Multiple pages per sheet', then click 'Custom' and pick 2 pages per sheet. Then hit 'Ok' at the bottom and it'll print the gauge at half size (or 1cm = 200yds).The scale (for movement) will be 5mm = 1kt.

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

Well, actually there is. There are 3 different ones.One is located at: Downloads Home » Private Access Library » General Quarters 3 » GQ3 World War II » Player Uploads file name is: 1cm=200yds Movement Gaugeand the other two are located at: Downloads Home » Private Access Library » General Quarters 3 » GQ3 World War II » Player Uploads » Playaids File names: 0.5cm=100yds Scale Ruler Teal and 0.5cm=100yds Scale Ruler BlueOne of is in teal and the other is blue and they both have the ruler in knots and a turn gauge at one end. They are very nice and I am considering having a few done in blue plastic. There are also turn gauges for this scale in Teal and blue. Check them out! :)

#5 William MacGillivray

William MacGillivray

Private

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:58 AM

Coastal wrote:

Not that I'm aware of, but it's easy enough to do on your own. . The second method is from the pdf; when printing the gauges, print the gauge at half size (or 1cm = 200yds).The scale (for movement) will be 5mm = 1kt.

Doh! Why didn't I think of that.

#6 William MacGillivray

William MacGillivray

Private

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

bbenge wrote:

Well, actually there is. There are 3 different ones.One is located at: Downloads Home » Private Access Library » General Quarters 3 » GQ3 World War II » Player Uploads file name is: 1cm=200yds Movement Gauge

Is that not just a straight line distance measurer?

and the other two are located at: Downloads Home » Private Access Library » General Quarters 3 » GQ3 World War II » Player Uploads » Playaids File names: 0.5cm=100yds Scale Ruler Teal and 0.5cm=100yds Scale Ruler BlueOne of is in teal and the other is blue and they both have the ruler in knots and a turn gauge at one end. They are very nice and I am considering having a few done in blue plastic. There are also turn gauges for this scale in Teal and blue. Check them out! :)

Sorry, but I'm asking if there is an equivalent one for Amendment 1, ie where it only costs 8 kts of movement to turn 90 degrees, rather than the 10 kts of the original, which the above show.

#7 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:55 AM

Is that not just a straight line distance measurer?

Yes, it is only a ruler.

Sorry, but I'm asking if there is an equivalent one for Amendment 1, ie where it only costs 8 kts of movement to turn 90 degrees, rather than the 10 kts of the original, which the above show.

Hmm, I guess I need to read Amendment 1. I didn't realize this changed. If it did, we need to get these remade to reflect the change. Especially since I was going to have a few made by Litko for our personal use.

#8 Robert Henderson

Robert Henderson

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

What I'd like to see is the Litko gauges in the 1cm = 200 yard format. At least in my circles, that is the only scale used and those quality Litko gauges would sell if in that scale as well.

#9 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:45 AM

We'll see what we can do. No promises though... :)

#10 Robert Henderson

Robert Henderson

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

Any help is appreciated.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users