• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 04:33 AM

Does anyone have some small flags that I can place on the labels for my ships bases? Appreciate any response.Best regards, Chuck:)

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Chuck,I can recommend three places, all on the net via a Google search:[ol][li]Dom's Decals[/li][li]I-84 (or 94) Enterprises, run by Dave Winfree[/li][li]Scale Specialties[/li][/ol]One of them should have what you are looking for, in a variety of sizes.Cheers,Gregory

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:31 AM

If you are making your own labels, I can recommend the site Flags of the World (FotW) website at: http://flagspot.net/flags/You can find the country then select historical flags to find the time period you are looking for. The site has naval, aircraft, army and political flags. I highly recommend it. Here is an example of the German WW1 Naval Ensign (note you may want to add a border to the flags especially if they are based in white): Posted Image

#4 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:11 AM

Thanks,I'll give this a try. What happens is that when I shrink the flag iimage it gets blury. looking around for some software that might vector the image rather than squeeze it. I appreciate your help.Chuck

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

Hey Chuck you might want to give the freeware program irfanview a try. http://www.irfanview.com/ It is great for making sindows icons so it may be good for shrinking pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users