• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew B. Johnson

Andrew B. Johnson

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

I have not played MP in several years. I have been trying to explain the scale to a friend of mine I understand and remember the telescoping scale.So can you tell me what the ground scale is, eg., 1"= how many yards? So how do I describe the maximum units to place on a table measuring 5'x10' Battalion, Regiment, Brigade (Combat Command)

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:20 AM

Ground scale is 1"=50yds. The sliding scale is a function of short range infantry based weapons, like the bazooka, panzerfausts and schreks and PIATs to name a few, to give the infantry a little more zone of influence. Essentially this extends ranges on very short range weapons an inch or two. This gave us a little better feel of the game, in our opinion anyway. As we say though, you can change it if you don't like it. Our rules are considered guidlines and our based for playability as we see it.As to the maximum number of units, a number of questions immediatley arise. How many players? What scale minatures? Are you playing the table length wise or width wise? Do you want maneuvering room? :) In 6mm, I would say you could get around 3 to 5 companies on with no problem. The larger scales will definetly reduce this. I know in 15mm scale I normally don't get much over a company on the board, but with the larger scales I tend to be more infantry centric. Be advised that your taste may change these numbers.

#3 Andrew B. Johnson

Andrew B. Johnson

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

Thank you for the quick response. We use 1/285 on a 5ft by 10' table to game on. So at 1" = 50 yards That's roughly 1.7x3.4 miles. So in my opinion that would be a good Battalion size task force with some reinforcements and reconnisance for a meeting engagement or defensive scenario. For an offenisve, I might use the equivalent of an American Combat Command to attck with sinice the frontage would be decreased and the offensive dedicated at a more specific point. Perhaps by adavancing down the length of the table to get a good feel for the penetration and breakthrough and rear area destruction if successful.

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

You are welcome! :) Let us know how your game goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users