11 replies to this topic

#1 Wayne Pocock

Wayne Pocock

Private

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBerks, UK

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

I see that the FAI supplement is now in the store for online access :) I have purchased it, when is it going to be ready to download ?Wayne

#2 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

Ditto for me too. Why not have ready for down loading before we bought it?Regards,Chuck

#3 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

I received a reminder that it can take uo to twenty four hours for access to be processed.

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:56 AM

From the Front page of the Online Store:ONLINE ACCESS ONLY: Most published ODGW products are available for online access only. By ordering online access, you save the cost of shipping plus an additional 20-25% off the cover price. You will not, however, receive a printed copy of the rules.Online access is usually granted within 24 hours. Our apolgies for taking a bit longer than 24 hours (if we did). We have been inundated with orders and the website is getting cranky with us as well as our members and customers. We are getting to orders as we can. Anyone who has ordered before 9:00PM EDT July 26th, your downloads should be active. If not please drop the CinC a note and we'll get you and running.

#5 Wayne Pocock

Wayne Pocock

Private

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBerks, UK

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

Downloaded on Friday evening. Excellent supplement. Managed to play the South Americian game this weekend. :) I'll need a few more ship to play the others, not that I need an excuse buy models according the the other half..:ohmy:

#6 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:34 AM

LOL! :laugh:

#7 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

Downloaded on Friday evening. Excellent supplement. Managed to play the South Americian game this weekend. I'll need a few more ship to play the others, not that I need an excuse buy models according the the other half..

Thanks for the kind words! The South American navies are definitely fun to play with. As to help with the Other Half.... Well, you're on your own there, pardner (I'm still working on that one with my Other Half! :) ).

#8 Chris Lane

Chris Lane

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

Hello gentlmen!Just downloaded the supplement and I am very impressed. Well worth the wait. Will defs be buying a french and Turkish fleet!!However the downside to this is that you have introuduced me to possible warfare in south America.As a result I was wondering if anyone knew if any one made the Rivadavia class and the Minas Gerais class in 1/3000?CheersChris

#9 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:36 AM

As a result I was wondering if anyone knew if any one made the Rivadavia class and the Minas Gerais class in 1/3000?

I know Navwar does the Argentine BBs. As to the remainder, can't really help (my scale is 1/6000).

#10 Chris Lane

Chris Lane

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

I saw that with Navwar but they are WW2.Where they that heavily modernisd after inbetween the wars?Im gonna try and sctathbuild the others with the help of my father. should be intresting!!!

#11 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

Where they that heavily modernisd after inbetween the wars?

Well, checking out Breyers, it looks like the only dramatic visual difference is a tripod replaced the original pole main mast. (Interestingly enough, the Argentines kept both ships until the late '50s.)

#12 simanton

simanton

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

The Rivadavia's received almost no visible modifications from completion to scrapping. Especially in the small scales popular for the GQ game series, models should be good for the entire career. My recently posted River Plate II AAR has pictures of the old 1/1250 model produced by Star in the 1960s, plus a scratchbuilt copy (the Star original is the one with moveable turrets), plus a Star Minas Gerais and a Navis Sao Paulo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users