• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 William Keyser

William Keyser

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

HiAny one know if there is any work being done on a Pre-Dreadnought version of Fleet Action Imminent?William

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

Nothng in the works at this time.

#3 John Buck

John Buck

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLong Island - New York

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

It would be nice to see a pre-dreadnought suplemment. If you do, start with the American, Spanish, Russian and Japanese. The other countries (Britain, France, Germany etc.)could come later. Thanks - John Buck

#4 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

I second the vote for this period! And ODGW are just the people to do it.

We really like GQ3, and wish there was something available on pre-dreads, Russo-IJN and Spanish American.

#5 vaggelis

vaggelis

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Another one from me!!! It will be really nice to sail with my japanese fleet back in 1904-05... :rolleyes:

#6 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Currently, there are no plans for a predreadnought period version of FAI.

#7 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

what would it take to make it happen - bribery, threats, or both??   :D

Seriously, there's no one I'd like to see a pre-dread game from more than ODGW.

If it's truly an impossibility, do you guys have any recommendations as to games that catch the technical variables of the period well while still being playable?  

#8 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Unfortunately, I can't really recommend any particular set of rules since this is not a period that I game (in fact, none of the GQ design people game Pre-Dreadnoughts).  That said, you might what to look into the rules by David Manley; these have a rather strong following (and David is a very good rules writer). 

#9 W. Clark

W. Clark

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationOregon, out in the sticks

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

I simply use FAI for pre-dreadnoughts. I realize that FAI is not designed specifically for pre-dreadnoughts, but IMHO it still works rather well. I've requested several pre-dreadnought ships cards from ODGW for use in a 1914 campaign and todate they have come through with the cards. I too would like ODGW to put out a set of pre-dreadnought rules based on rules that what is without a doubt my favorite treatise on naval gunnery, but FAI works for me in this area well enough that I'm not willing to go to another rules system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users