• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:51 PM

I have been working on some record sheet for a convention game next year and would appreciate some feedback on the sheets.:unsure: [file name=WWI_data_sheet.pdf size=110472]https://www.odgw.com/images/fbfiles/files/WWI_data_sheet.pdf[/file]

#2 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Deleted german sheets. Due to no feedback.

#3 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Very nice work! The larger format and clear layout really helps (especially in a convention game). Was only able to briefly look at the second group from my work computer. Could you possibly repost those? Also, at what convention are you going to use these?

#4 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:15 AM

Here are the German Capital ships for Jutland. I am working up the rest and should be able to post them in a couple of weeks. They need to be checked for obvious errors. Some ship had only one engine room and can only take one engineering hit; its the little things like this that need to be looked for.I am trying to get time off for the Enfilade convention this spring and I am planning on doing a game or two at the Tactical Solutions convention next October for sure. I host at least one game at these conventions each year.Best regards, [file name=Jutland_FAI_Data_Sheets.pdf size=203421]https://www.odgw.com/images/fbfiles/files/Jutland_FAI_Data_Sheets.pdf[/file]

#5 Chris Lane

Chris Lane

Corporal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

They are really really good!! Good job!!

#6 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:16 AM

[file name=Jutland_FAI_German_Data.pdf size=203406]https://www.odgw.com/images/fbfiles/files/Jutland_FAI_German_Data.pdf[/file] Here is what I have to date. So far the plan is to do Jutland. If folks really respond to these than I'll look at doing then by Countries. I have to thank Mal for the inspiration as his WWII cards are tops. His ideas got the creative juices going.

#7 James J Stier

James J Stier

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:31 AM

Chuck-These are wonderful! Yes please keep posting anything you have!

#8 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

The British [file name=Jutland_FAI_Britsih_Data.pdf size=169776]https://www.odgw.com/images/fbfiles/files/Jutland_FAI_Britsih_Data.pdf[/file]

#9 James J Stier

James J Stier

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

Chuck-Again the Brits are excellent. But are you actually planning on doing the whole of Jutland? It might take a larger playing area than you think.

#10 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:00 AM

I'm very close to being able to field the Jutland battle. Working on light Crusiers and Destroyers. Still have a couple of Capital ships to paint and most of the Capital ships are based and labled. The most difficult thing I am working on is cutting ships up and filing them down to make sinking ships. Not easy to do and still get the right look.How much space we will need? Haven't figured that out yet. I would like to get things into an area 8 feet by 20 feet.Best,Chuck

#11 James J Stier

James J Stier

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:14 AM

Okay your table might work out then. If I remember correctly, 8 by 20 should be about 24,000 yards by 60,000 yards at 1cm to 100 yards, giving a depth of about 34 miles and length of about 13 miles long. The length may be a bit short, but I can't remember the length of the line of battle when the Brits deployed, but either way you should have enough space for a great game. And good luck with chopping the models down!

#12 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:25 AM

We have the potential to do, if I remember correctly, up to thirty feet long. I am concerned about the width of eight feet. There is not much we can do about this aspect. Has anyone played out Juland in this manner?

#13 James J Stier

James J Stier

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:42 AM

I've never done Jutland itself, but during the summer I played a smaller version with 1 BB div, BC fleets, a couple of CL squadrons and a couple of DD flotillas each side on a table 6 by 6, but I had to use 1cm to 200 yards just to make it work. And even then it felt quite cramped.I suppose it will depend on what you want. If you use the long dimension as the width then you will be able to recreate it more accurately I think, so that once everyone has arrived you will have DDs and CLs in the center and the BBs and BCs at the ends of the table slogging it out. However, you may have problems with keeping the 500 or 1000 yards distance between ships that way.My previous calculations were for 1cm to 100 yards. However, if you use 1cm to 200 yards then 8 feet should do the trick no matter how you orient your battle. Wow, wish I could be there to see that battle!

#14 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the solid advice. We will post a few pictures and an after action report for the game. It's looking like the game will be staged next columbus day at the Tactical Solutions convention in Spokane Washington. We wanted to to do Jutland at the Enfilade convention in May but my schedule conflicted with the convention. I had a choice go to my daughter's graduation from Vet school on May 9th or go to the Enfilade convention. Any more sage advice is welcomed!

#15 James J Stier

James J Stier

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:57 AM

You made the right decision by going to the graduation.Anyway please post more of those data logs when you finish them and good luck!

#16 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

Chuck,Your work on the ship logs is great, and much appreciated. You can very easily run a game in 1cm=200yds, especially since we have Turn Gauges at that scale. Good luck on your Jutland project.Cheers,Gregory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users