Photo

Cold Wars 2011 Santiago de Cuba (FAI modified)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alejandro Gonzalez Ramos

Alejandro Gonzalez Ramos

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi,I've seen that there is one scenario called Santiago de Cuba 1898 that will be played at cold wars 2011, (actually, it must have been played), it says it will be played with modified fleet action inminent rules, can someone provide and AAR and edit the ships forms and modifications to the rules to be added here or to the download Library to see them?Thank you

#2 Tom Oxley

Tom Oxley

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'll have to leave the materials to the GM to send, but I was the player who ended up being rammed twice as I turned my flagship around trying to chase Spanish ships. The game was great, and the terrain board was excellent. Good to get a chance to see how these games are run so I can try to follow the leader when I run an FAI WW1 game in the future.Tom Oxley

#3 Douglas Thomson

Douglas Thomson

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

I'll second that - thoroughly enjoyable game and the rules worked well. I was in the same game as Tom but on the Spanish side. Admiral Cevera bravely led the attack on the transports until an 8" shell at point blank range had an argument with the Maria Teresa's main magazine.

#4 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

I know I'd love to get a hold of this info - a Spanish-American version of FAI is definitely on my mind, along with Russo-IJN and the pre-dread age in general...

#5 simanton

simanton

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Judging by your description of events, Tom, sounds like your ship should have been the Brooklyn!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users