• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marcin Zgiernicki

Marcin Zgiernicki

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

I'm currently building a MP army based on polish 1st Armoured Division in 1944.As the Division followed standard british organization most of the units are covered by corrent Databook TO&Es. However I wanted my infantry to depict the 10 Pulk Dragonow (10th Dragoon Regt.) which was a Motor Battalion - an infantry battalion of division's armoured brigade, and thus different from the Motorised Infantry Battalions.After spending some time browsing the net I found the Bayonetstrenght site which contains lots of really useful information about various WW2 TO&Es.So here's my very first attempt to create a MP TO&E.I'll appreciate any help/comments you can provide.---------------------------------------------------------------------------BRITISH MOTOR BATTALION1943-45Batttalion Headquarters (1)...Command Stand (1) (BnCO)...Staff Stand (1) (BnXO)...Daimler Scout Car (2)[perhaps I should add 1-2 Rifle stands w/Truck to represent the other personnel?]Motor Company (3)...Company Headquarters (1)......Command Stand (1) (CoyCO)......Staff Stand (1) (Coy XO)......Jeep (1)......Mortar, 3" (2)......Universal Carrier (2)[again, Im not sure if I need to include some rifle stands here]...Scout Platoon (1)......Command Section (1).........Command Stand (1) (PL).........Daimler Scout Car (1).........Bren Carrier (2).........Wasp /flamethrower/ (1)......Carrier Section (3).........Bren Carrier (3).........Mortar, 2" (1).........PIAT Stand (1)[I don't know whether Wasp's were a standard however I'm sure that the poles used them. The Carrier crews could deploy and fight as infantry when necessary so I'm not sure if I should include LMG stands separately or only add a note about this. Also the 2" mortar (as opposite to 3" tube) could be fired from the Carrier so maybe one of the section Carriers should be the "mortar" one.]...Motor Platoon (3)......Command Section (1).........Command Stand (1) (PL).........Mortar, 2" (1).........PIAT Stand (1).........Truck (1) or M3 Halftrack (1)......Motor Section (3).........Rifle Stand (1).........Rifle/LMG Stand (1).........Truck (1) or M3 Halftrack (1)Support Company (1)...Company Headquarters (1)......Command Stand (1) (CoyCO)......Staff Stand (1) (Coy XO)......Jeep (1)...Machine Gun Platoon (2)......MMG Stand (4)......PIAT Stand (1)......Universal Carrier (4)[in fact the platoon had 8 Carriers but I dropped 4 that were used for transporting ammunition. The MMG could befired from the Carriers]...Anti-tank Platoon (3)......Command Section (1).........Command Stand (1) (PL).........Universal Carrier (1)......Anti-tank Section (4).........6pdr AT gun (1).........Mortar, 2" (1).........Universal Carrier (2)---------------------------------------------------------------------------MZ

Post edited by: mazgier, at: 2005/10/19 20:24

#2 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:39 PM

Excellent MZ ... maybe I should get you to do all my TO&E :laugh: I usually put a couple rifle stands with the HQ units to represent the other personnel for non-tank TO&E. Your comments on the wasp, etc, can be included as "TO&E Notes".Example: Wasp w/flamethrower (1)1TO&E NOTES1 - blurp on the wasp.The little "1" should actually be a superscript, but BBCode apparently doesn't allow that.Great work!

#3 Marcin Zgiernicki

Marcin Zgiernicki

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 11:04 PM

OK, another go. Cleaned and polished :lol: -----------------------------------------------------------------------BRITISH MOTOR BATTALION1943-45Battalion Headquarters (1)...Command Stand (1) (BnCO)...Staff Stand (1) (BnXO)...Rifle Stand (2)...Daimler Scout Car (2)...Truck (1)Motor Company (3)...Company Headquarters (1)......Command Stand (1) (CoyCO)......Staff Stand (1) (Coy XO)......Rifle Stand (1)......Jeep (1)......Mortar, 3" (2)......Universal Carrier (2)...Scout Platoon (1)......Command Section (1).........Command Stand (1) (PL).........Daimler Scout Car (1).........Bren Carrier (2).........Wasp(*) (1)......Carrier Section (3).........Bren Carrier(**) (3).........Mortar, 2" (1).........PIAT Stand (1)...Motor Platoon (3)......Command Section (1).........Command Stand (1) (PL).........Mortar, 2" (1).........PIAT Stand (1).........Truck (1) or M3 Halftrack (1)......Motor Section (3).........Rifle Stand (1).........Rifle/LMG Stand (1).........Truck (1) or M3 Halftrack (1)Support Company (1)...Company Headquarters (1)......Command Stand (1) (CoyCO)......Staff Stand (1) (Coy XO)......Jeep (1)...Machine Gun Platoon (2)......MMG Stand (***) (4)......PIAT Stand (1)......Universal Carrier (4)...Anti-tank Platoon (3)......Command Section (1).........Command Stand (1) (PL).........Universal Carrier (1)......Anti-tank Section (4).........6pdr AT gun (1).........Mortar, 2" (1).........Universal Carrier (2)(*) A flamethrower version of the Bren Carrier - seen in the scout platoons of polish 10th Dragoon Regt. (10 Pulk Ulanow) of 1st Polish Arm.Div.(**) Bren Carrier Crews could dismount when necessary and be deployed as LMG half-stands (taking the Carrier's Bren LMG with them).(***) The Vickers MMG's could be fired form the Carriers.-----------------------------------------------------------------------The Daimler Scout Cars have currently no "C" capability in the Databook. However I know for sure that they were used as the means of transport fo commanding officers so I assume that the rule of "command stands take no place in transports" applies here?MZPost edited by: mazgier, at: 2005/10/19 21:05Post edited by: mazgier, at: 2005/10/19 21:07

Post edited by: mazgier, at: 2005/10/19 21:08

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:16 AM

Looks great Marcin!As to:

The Daimler Scout Cars have currently no "C" capability in the Databook. However I know for sure that they were used as the means of transport fo commanding officers so I assume that the rule of "command stands take no place in transports" applies here?

The revision of the Databook that will be coming out in the near future will add a "P" column standing for Passenger, which is the number of infantry stands that a vehicle can carry. Now tanks don't have a "P' value listed but there is a blurb in the rules that does allow this. I would also say that any vehicle can carry the commanding officers, but they would be kicking out the normal crew riders. These vehicles would be considered Command vehicles. These vehicles would normally have improved radio equipment installed and thus would have to buy the command status if not marked "Cmd" in the notes column of the WW2 Databook. Any vehcile could be a Command vehicle with some minor work so this is why there is not a larger number of these vehicles noted in the Databook. The only Command vehicles in the Databook are the purpose built command vehicles that I was able to find. Anyway, The officers would be considered in this car and thus would be integral to the vehicle and not have to be considered passengers. Yes, the officer can dismount from the vehicle and go play with the infantry too. :lol: In the TO&E the vehicle would be marked Command Daimler Scout Car. Hope this helps... :)

#5 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:58 AM

Looks good to me. Guess I need to start working on the TO&E Repository now huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users