• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jahan

Jahan

Private

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

Hello, I am using the the 1cm = 200yards gunnery charts and I am wondering if I should halve the speed in cm's of the all the ship movements to match the change in gunnery scale?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

Hello, I am using the the 1cm = 200yards gunnery charts and I am wondering if I should halve the speed in cm's of the all the ship movements to match the change in gunnery scale?

That's the way we do it. 1 cm would equal 2 knots (instead of the normal 1 knot). For the Turn Indicator, we either print it at 50% or photocopy the full guage at 50%.
  • Tu Tran likes this

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

That's the way we do it. 1 cm would equal 2 knots (instead of the normal 1 knot). For the Turn Indicator, we either print it at 50% or photocopy the full guage at 50%.

There are also a couple of downloads available that would help. In the Private Access Library> General Quarters 3> GQ3 World War II> Player Uploads folder there is a file 1cm=200yds Movement Gauge that, when printed, can be used to move your ships

Also, in the Private Access Library> General Quarters 3> GQ3 World War II> Player Uploads> Playaids there are two files: 0.5cm=100yds Scale Ruler, Teal and 0.5cm=100yds Scale Ruler, Blue that are a little more elaborate and nice, but you need to cut off the turn gauge at the top as it has been redone. I have used them for all of my games until I had some acrylic rulers made.

Try these for fast game play/
~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#4 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

#5 Blue Leader

Blue Leader

Major

• Deactivated
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

The small turn gauges in the Accessories section of the store are for this reduced scale. I use them all the time with 1:6000 miniatures, looks great on the tabletop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users