• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:08 PM

Bob,The Char B1-bis in ths databook may have two errors:[ol][li]The side armor should be 6 vice 8; the rear armor should be 8 vice 6.[/li][li]The top armor should be 3 vice 4.[/li][/ol]According to my sources, of course. Like any good French tank, its armor is better when it is running away...Gregory

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:11 AM

Hey Gregory,Here is what I found after some looking at my plethora of sources. :evil:[li]The Side Armor was indeed 60mm @ 0 degrees, yielding a 6 for MP. So this needs to be changed.[/li][li]The Rear Armor was 55mm @ 43 degrees, yielding a 7 for MP. So this needs to be changed too. I couldn't see an 8 though in any of my sources.[/li][li]The Top Armor was 30mm @ 20 degrees, yielding a 3 for MP. So this does need to be changed too.[/li]The sources I used were:http://www.wwiivehic..._medium/b1.htmlhttp://www.onwar.com...ance/fb1bis.htmThanks for the catch, Gregory. I'll get this updated tonight and repost the updated WW ET on the playtest site. :)

#3 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:32 AM

Done! :woohoo: I updated and re-uploaded the WW2 ET and the WW2 Lite Edition ET files in the playtest download area. :cheer:

#4 Sacha

Sacha

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:32 PM

FYI......Our last battle we had was France '40 with lots of Char B1-bis. We added 2 little rules (house rules) to this tank. If hit from the left side a critical hit could be achieved with a 1 or 2. This is due to the oversized exhaust vent on this side, which historically did present an achillies heel.Second was a potential breakdown on a 20 when using both standard and bonus movement together. Once again pertaining to its high maintenance personality.

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:00 AM

I like this. I may add this to the WW2 Databook as an optional rule under the vehicle notes. :evil:

#6 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:04 PM

Personally, I don't like this. You can probably write a special rule for most any tank, and I think that is getting beyond the scope of the game. I think house rules are where these things should be.Maybe I can create a menu item where users can write their own house rules and submit them. How would that be?

#7 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

Hey Jon,What about adding a section to the a House Rules Section for vehicle special rules. This would be good for the grognards to pull detail into the rules.I see your point too about not wanting to write rules for EVERYTHING :P , but there are some exceptional instances, IMHO, that could and should be accounted for in optional rules. This may not be one of them though, thinking about it. ;)

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2005/11/01 15:39

#8 Sacha

Sacha

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:32 PM

I totally agree about these being a house rule. Youre right John one could find something about anything that uncovers the quirks in any vehicle. So keep them as a house rule and players could use the ideas as they see fit for added spice, gaming pleasure, sadistc GM enjoyment.....Don'y know if you guys remember, but I had some of those vehcile sheets uploaded to a library in the old website. I still have them and could upload them for gamers interest only. Where would be the best place?

#9 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:53 PM

Bob - I will set up a house rules section later tonight and include a sub-section for Special Vehicle Rules. Unless I fall asleep on the 'pooter, I'll have it up by morning.Sacha - The best place would probably be the WW2 DB Player Uploads Library. Or, I can create a special library for them if you want. I can even put it in the public area for those who don't have the data book. Let me know if you want something special.

#10 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:33 AM

Great Jon! :woohoo: Oh and... WAKE UP!!!!!!! :silly:

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2005/11/02 04:35

#11 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:38 AM

Hey Jon,Sacha's uploads are still on the site, but they haven't been linked yet. Why not add a section to the private area in the WW2 Databook for vehicles. I can link these files up when you are done. Just LMK. ;)

#12 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:07 AM

Nevermind Jon,I went ahead and created a Vehicle Data Folder under the Private Area -> Player Uploads folder and linked all of Sacha's uploads to it. Can always move it later if we need to. :)

Post edited by: bbenge, at: 2005/11/02 06:08

#13 Sacha

Sacha

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:01 PM

Thanks!! that saved me some work.

#14 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:10 PM

You are welcome! B) I'll tell you it was alot easier and quicker for me to do it than it would have been for you to reupload everything.P.S. I will be restoring the MMG files soemtime in the near future too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users