6 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher Cafiero

Christopher Cafiero

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationRichardson, texas

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

I decided to build a fleet of 1:6000 miniatures for the reasons of cost,and scale. I have limited experience painting miniatures, but read up on some techniques and research some paint schemes. I thought I'd share what was possible with a small amount of skill and effort...

Attached Files

Christopher J. Cafiero

"I shall have no connection with any vessel that is not fast, for I intend to go in Harm's way..."

#2 Christopher Cafiero

Christopher Cafiero

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

First Picture:

Scharnhorst, as per Battle of North Cape 1943, leading Gneisenau depicted at time of the "Channel Dash".

Second Picture:

Prinz Eugen leads Bismarck through the Denmark Strait in 1941.

Third Picture:

German Battleline, Bismarck again, leading Tirpitz (depicted in 1942 scheme while threatening convoy PQ-17) in the foreground, Scharnhorst and Geisenau again in background.

Fourth Picture:

Bismarck, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst and Geisenau again, with Prinz Eugen (foreground), and Seydlitz (hypothetically completed Prinz Eugen type CA, was convertyed to a carrier and never completed).

Fifth Picture:

U.S.S. Indiana, BB-58 during 1944 in Measure 32/11D. The Indiana was the only ship of the South Dakota clas ever to carry the "dazzle" scheme.

Ships from, Strange Cargo, Paints from Synder & Short. I researched each ship pretty carefully, they are as accurate as I can determine and painted in authentic colors.

My opinion is that with a little work and nominal expense, a nice looking fleet is pretty easy to assemble at this scale...I'm up to almost 100 painted ships now!
Christopher J. Cafiero

"I shall have no connection with any vessel that is not fast, for I intend to go in Harm's way..."

#3 Tu Tran

Tu Tran

ODGW Web Admin

• ODGW Staff
  • 509 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

Nice looking ships there Christopher!

If interested, please feel free to submit a Tutorial article or create a blog to detail your ship painting.

Very much looking forward to seeing more ships! :D

| Help Topics | ODGW Store | Downloads | Forums | Product Registration | Submit Support Request |

"Sometimes I wonder... Why is that Frisbee growing larger? And then it hits me."

#4 Tom Oxley

Tom Oxley

Private

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationDayton, OH

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

I really love the 1/6000 models. I have close to 400 WW1 models, and really enjoy working with them.

Tom Oxley

#5 Christopher Cafiero

Christopher Cafiero

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Cool, post some pics?

I really love the 1/6000 models. I have close to 400 WW1 models, and really enjoy working with them.

Tom Oxley

Christopher J. Cafiero

#6 Christopher Cafiero

Christopher Cafiero

Private

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:17 PM

I have started discussing my painting techniques in my blog, as suggested, check it out! :-)
Christopher J. Cafiero

#7 Tu Tran

Tu Tran

ODGW Web Admin

• ODGW Staff
  • 509 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

I have started discussing my painting techniques in my blog, as suggested, check it out! :-)

Fantastic!! Looking forwarding to reading more. :)

| Help Topics | ODGW Store | Downloads | Forums | Product Registration | Submit Support Request |

"Sometimes I wonder... Why is that Frisbee growing larger? And then it hits me."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users