#1 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Now Hear This! Now Hear This!

Amendment 2 Rules Changes have been posted to the FAI Private Downloads folder. The link is:

Downloads -> Private Access Library -> General Quarters 3 -> Fleet Action Imminent -> Amendment 2

~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#2 Steve M

Steve M

Private

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Bob

Was there an Amendment 1, and if so how can I obtain it?

Also, while still on WW1, what is in the 'WWI Navies Supplement'?

Steve

#3 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Bob

Was there an Amendment 1, and if so how can I obtain it?

Also, while still on WW1, what is in the 'WWI Navies Supplement'?

Actually, there is no Amendment 1 for FAI (all the Amendment 1 changes applied to GQ3). We probably should've tiltled it 'FAI Amendment 1' but since FAI and GQ3 are considered as one product (FAI is an extention of GQ3), the Amendment 2 title was applied. (Does that make sense? Probably not...) Bottomline is that for FAI, Amendment 2 is the only add-on out there.

The 'WWI Navies Supplement' includes the ship logs, CRTs, small craft data and aeroplane data for the French, US, Japanese, Turkish, Greek, Argentine, Chilean and Brazilian navies. Also included are some special rules specific to the French and US and 5 scenarios.

#4 Richard Simpson

Richard Simpson

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Actually, there is no Amendment 1 for FAI (all the Amendment 1 changes applied to GQ3). We probably should've tiltled it 'FAI Amendment 1' but since FAI and GQ3 are considered as one product (FAI is an extention of GQ3), the Amendment 2 title was applied. (Does that make sense? Probably not...) Bottomline is that for FAI, Amendment 2 is the only add-on out there.

And yet Amendment 2 for FAI is different to Amendment 2 for GQIII is it not?

I am currently struggling my way through bringing my copies of FAI and GQIII to 'current' and I downloaded the 'Full' versions thinking they would be current - but they appear to be the original release and you have to work out what to change. FAI Amendment 2 is not too bad as it included replacement pages but GQIII Amendment 2 does not seem to do this.

Is it possible to just get a complete download of the rules updated to the current version? If there is one available I can't find it for either GQIII or FAI.

Would certainly make it simple to update and for new people to get involved rather than have the 1st thing they have to do is find and apply all the amendments.

Regards

Richard Simpson
Sydney, Australia

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

I am currently struggling my way through bringing my copies of FAI and GQIII to 'current' and I downloaded the 'Full' versions thinking they would be current - but they appear to be the original release and you have to work out what to change. FAI Amendment 2 is not too bad as it included replacement pages but GQIII Amendment 2 does not seem to do this.

Is it possible to just get a complete download of the rules updated to the current version? If there is one available I can't find it for either GQIII or FAI.

Would certainly make it simple to update and for new people to get involved rather than have the 1st thing they have to do is find and apply all the amendments.

Regards

Richard Simpson
Sydney, Australia

Believe me, we know your pain (I gave updating my copy long ago!). Currently, the next project in line is a rewrite of GQ3 and FAI so as to incorporate the updates and clarifications in the two amendments. It will take awhile (the GQ3 master file is in a format that defies editing), but once done, it will be available for free to all prior purchasers.

#6 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Regards

Richard Simpson
Sydney, Australia

If all we need is replacement pages, then I'm all about it! That's why I buy mine in the 3-hole punch and not bound. I've no problem with downloading a 2-sided page and replacing it. Downloading and printing a set of rules can be expensive in ink, and it is a lot like paying another $30 for a set of rules. Not that I don't appreciate a free download updating rules, I think that's the proper thing to do.

The key to replacement pages is usually leaving plenty of blank space at teh end of a section, or making each section end on a specific page and then start the next major section on a new clean page. Then if a setion is heavily re-worked, you still just need to replace a few pages.

We've enjoyed GQ3, so now I'm eyeballing FAI with desire...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users