• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 davidlwisz

davidlwisz

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:20 AM

What is the story on the Modern Data Book?

The point of purchasing Mein Panzer was to have a complete 1:1 system from WWII to Modern. IF there is no Modern Data Book, I might as well drop the entire system and look elsewhere.

Any suggestions for Alternatives? GHQ is great but not 1:1.

http://www.panzer-wa...land/index.html looks promising.

Any others?

Also, it seems these forums are dying - so is suspect others are not happy w Mein Panzer. We shall see...

#2 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

What is the story on the Modern Data Book?

The point of purchasing Mein Panzer was to have a complete 1:1 system from WWII to Modern. IF there is no Modern Data Book, I might as well drop the entire system and look elsewhere.

Any suggestions for Alternatives? GHQ is great but not 1:1.

http://www.panzer-wa...land/index.html looks promising.

Any others?

Also, it seems these forums are dying - so is suspect others are not happy w Mein Panzer. We shall see...

David,

I can under stand your frustration and disappointment. I too am awaiting the modern databook.

oh wait.... I'm the one responsible for writing it. DOH!

I can tell you that one is coming. When I honestly don't know. I am working on an Arab / Israeli Wars DB now. We are also looking to revitalize the entire ODGW line and introduce more books in the coming year. Specifically Scenarios. If you'd like to help we could certainly use the help.

PM me for details if you are interested.

Thank you for your support and desire to continue with Mein Panzer

Sincerely,

Kenny Noe
ODGW

#3 davidlwisz

davidlwisz

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Great to hear. I will buy one as soon as it is released.

Just one suggestion, perhaps skip the arab/Israel stuff and jump straight to Ulta Modern USA, Russia, China, Germany, UK weapon system info.

#4 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

Great to hear. I will buy one as soon as it is released.

Just one suggestion, perhaps skip the arab/Israel stuff and jump straight to Ulta Modern USA, Russia, China, Germany, UK weapon system info.

The AIW stuff will be a foundation for the fancier more exotic items like ultra modern. I understand the desire but you have to eat the elephant one bite at a time. <grin>

Thanks

#5 Sean King

Sean King

Private

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationStevenson, WA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

I also got into Mein Panzer for the ultra modern.

But with that said I do like the AIW stuff as well. It would work really well with doing an 80' scenario of Warsaw/NATO.

So happy to see AIW mentioned. ;-)

#6 William Smith

William Smith

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNJ - USA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

I think it's great that you guys got the Korean war book out!
Now please work on the more modern equipment lists... I have so many pretty tanks waiting to be played with B)

Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone!
Bill

#7 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

The AIW 1948 / 1956 War Databook is progressing. I am currently working on Egypt. Hang in there I promise it'll be worth it!

Thanks for the support!

--Kenny

#8 Kevin Wenker

Kevin Wenker

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Fistfull of TOWS 3 is probably the best bet right now for doing Ultra Modern.

#9 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hi

Is there any update on when the Arab-israeli data book will be ready?   I am more interested in the '67 and'73 wars but any news is good news.  Thanks in advance.

Pete Skaar

#10 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

Hi Bob or Kenny

Anything going on with the Arab-Israeli supplement Data Book?  It would be really nice to get some sort of update once in a while.  I hope this project is still going forward.

Pete

#11 Andrew Burton

Andrew Burton

Private

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

I am looking for and update on the AIW, reason why is all the different weapons that both sides used.  I really looking forward to the AIW, what I like in the battles where both sides are using the same equipment but the Israeli always put a twist to theris to give them that little bit of an advantage.  But modern warfare anymore from a gamers point of view is like a roleplaying game the days long gone of huge units of armor slam head on in f gunners duel to the death.  So waiting on the AIW.

Andrew

#12 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

Can anyone at ODGW tell me if any more progress been made on Arab-Israeli or Cold War era modern equipment?

I have not seen any updates on this forum for a while and wanted to keep the ball rolling on this.  I look forward to seeing the modern data book soon. 

Pete

#13 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

Pete,

Yes...  The AIW databook 1948-1956 is progressing.  1948 War is done and am working on the 1956 chapters.   I had hoped for a July release but time was taken to get our newest rules Post Captain sent to the printer.   I'm eager to put this one out as it's taken so long.   Thank you for your patience and support.

Respectfully,

Kenny

#14 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the reply.  I will buy the '48 and '56 Arab - Israeli War supplement when it is avaiable.  I am really looking forward to seeing the '67 and '73 Wars as that is one of my primary modern interests.

Do you have any projected dates for when we might look to see that supplement?   I am also interested in the Cold War time frame as well.  Any information you could provide would be helpful.

Thanks.

Pete

#15 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

Pete,

I've gotten into a lot of troubles with MP fans with dates....  sorry, not doing that again.

Just know I'm still plugging and want to see those books as well.

Thanks for your support and belief that it will be done.

Most appreciated.

--Kenny

#16 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hi Kenny

Thanks very much.  I look forward to seeing the Arab-Israeli supplements as they become ready.

Pete

#17 mark furnell

mark furnell

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

Hi, I've played MP for many years on and off and I came here this morning looking for a data book so I could start playing some Cold War Gone Hot type stuff.  With Flames of War gearing up to release a new supplement on NATO vrs Warsaw Pack there seems to be a building up of players wanting to explore this period again.

I am disappointed that we don't have a basic set of stats for the period and I would have bought something had it been here.

Please, please, if possible, could we just have a set of stats to use?  

Cheers,

Mark

#18 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

Mark,

Hello,  Feel free to vent your frustrations at me.   I'm trying to get one out but it's been a challenge....

Having said that the Core Rules have a sample of modern data stats.  You could use those.

Stay tuned for more.

Thanks

--Kenny

#19 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the update on the Modern Rules.  I am looking forward to getting them when they are ready.

Pete

#20 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

Hi Kenny or Bob

Any further updates on how the Arab-Israeli supplement or any other modern era rules are coming along?

Thanks

Pete

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users