8 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I was looking through the MSS, and noticed the following on page 2 "A blank Excel convoy sheet is also provided to enable you to
easily create your own Convoys using the data worksheets from the Data file."

I went looking on the Downloads pages, both Public and Private access, and couldn't find it.

Am I missing something?

Dave

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

I was looking through the MSS, and noticed the following on page 2 "A blank Excel convoy sheet is also provided to enable you to
easily create your own Convoys using the data worksheets from the Data file."

I went looking on the Downloads pages, both Public and Private access, and couldn't find it.

Am I missing something?

Dave

You're not 'cuz its not there. We'll look into and get it uploaded (probably take a couple of days).

#3 Tu Tran

Tu Tran

ODGW Web Admin

• ODGW Staff
  • 510 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

I believe this is the file you are looking for?

It's located under the Individual Files.

Downloads → Public Access Library → General Quarters → Merchant Ship System → Individual Files → Merchant Ship System Blank Convoy Log

| Help Topics | ODGW Store | Downloads | Forums | Product Registration | Submit Support Request |

"Sometimes I wonder... Why is that Frisbee growing larger? And then it hits me."

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Yes that is the file... :)
~ Bob Benge ~
ODGW Designer
Product Manager - Mein Panzer

#5 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Thanks, I wonder why I couldn't find that...

In the mean time, I used Excel to implement the formulas in the MSS book. A couple of head scratching moments due to the difference between using the format of a cell to round, and actually rounding the calculated values. However, there still seem to be some math errors, or just typos.

One example on the very first ship, Coastal AC on the 8th page of the file. Empty Hull VP = GRT x .75/4000 tons
GRT = 2000, GRT x .75 = 1500, 1500/4000 = 0.375 which should round to 1 decimal place to 0.4. Shows 0.5 in the table.

Dave

Edited by Tu Tran, 14 February 2013 - 11:21 PM.
Corrected font of text from copy & paste

#6 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Not sure what happened with the font there, guess an artifact of cut & paste from the .pdf...

#7 Tu Tran

Tu Tran

ODGW Web Admin

• ODGW Staff
  • 510 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I apologize for the file not being visible previously. There was an issue with the permissions which should now be corrected.

| Help Topics | ODGW Store | Downloads | Forums | Product Registration | Submit Support Request |

"Sometimes I wonder... Why is that Frisbee growing larger? And then it hits me."

#8 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Thanks, I wonder why I couldn't find that...

In the mean time, I used Excel to implement the formulas in the MSS book. A couple of head scratching moments due to the difference between using the format of a cell to round, and actually rounding the calculated values. However, there still seem to be some math errors, or just typos.

One example on the very first ship, Coastal AC on the 8th page of the file. Empty Hull VP = GRT x .75/4000 tons
GRT = 2000, GRT x .75 = 1500, 1500/4000 = 0.375 which should round to 1 decimal place to 0.4. Shows 0.5 in the table.

Dave

Appears to be a typo. A spot check of a dozen other ships are correct. So this looks like a one-off error.

#9 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Cool - just wanted to make sure the equations hadn't changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users