• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Doomed15

Doomed15

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Is there a PDF download of the 1/2 size turn guage? I have limited table size so I'd like to try the 1cm = 200 yds scale but unfortunately being in the UK the $5 guage in the store costs $22 postage.

#2 Phil Callcott

Phil Callcott

Corporal

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Yes,

Click on the the "Downloads" tab and you will find them in the Private Access Library for GQ3.

I say "them" beacause you even get a coice of colours!

Regards, Phil

#3 Doomed15

Doomed15

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

The only one I can see is the FAI one which is 1cm = 100 yards.

I don't have GQ3 (just FAI) so perhaps they are only available for that (or I'm going blind in my old age)

Anthony

#4 W. Clark

W. Clark

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationOregon, out in the sticks

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Phil has got it right. I would suggest that after you download your favorite version(s) of the turning gauge you consider visiting your local plastics store. They will have styrene plastic in various thicknesses and colors, including clear. More importantly they will be able to cut the plastic as you want. You can then provide them with a copy of your down loaded turning gauge(s) as a template and they can sell your selection of their plastic to you and cut it to shape so that you have a nice stiff backing for your turn gauges and a clear cover to protect them. A bit of clear glue and you will a set of very nice and long lasting turning gauges.

I've ODGW turning gauges and the down loads fitted out as I've described. I like both styles, but I lean towards the plastic backed and covered as they are a bit thicker and a bit heavier. I find them easier to use to use as they are less fiddely because they are more substantial in their construct.

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Is there a PDF download of the 1/2 size turn guage? I have limited table size so I'd like to try the 1cm = 200 yds scale but unfortunately being in the UK the $5 guage in the store costs $22 postage.

There's a couple of ways you can go with this. First, if you have the full sized gauge already printed out, you can take that to your local copy shop and run it through a copier at a 50% reduction. Second, if you just have the pdf, you can print it at 50% (assuming your printer has that option; not all do).

What you should NOT do is use the gauges mentioned in the above messages. Those are no longer correct for GQ3 and never were for FAI. (I know, we really need to clean out all the defunct files. Someday...)

#6 Frank

Frank

Private

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Page three of the downloads in the private access library in General Quarters 3. I cut out plastic from a "For Sale" sign I got at the dollar store and glued it to that.

#7 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Page three of the downloads in the private access library in General Quarters 3. I cut out plastic from a "For Sale" sign I got at the dollar store and glued it to that.

Those gauges are no longer correct for GQ3.3 or FAI. The only turn gauges that are valid are the ones included with the current rules. FAI uses a different gauge than GQ3.3 and the GQ3.3 gauge was changed with Amendment 1. The gauges you're referring to in the Downloads section PREDATE the official ones and are no longer valid.

#8 Phil Callcott

Phil Callcott

Corporal

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Oh dear,

Sorry guys, but the "official" turn indicators in GQ3.3 leave much to be desired compared to those previously available for GQ3 in the downloads.

The "official" ones are way too short, who wants to be constantly swapping betwixt tape and turn indicator?

Plus the previous indicators used their extra length to include useful info on formations, etc.

Please ask L.L. Gill if he (she?) would be kind enough to repeat versions for GQ3.3.

Thanks, Phil

#9 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Oh dear,

Sorry guys, but the "official" turn indicators in GQ3.3 leave much to be desired compared to those previously available for GQ3 in the downloads.

The "official" ones are way too short, who wants to be constantly swapping betwixt tape and turn indicator?

Plus the previous indicators used their extra length to include useful info on formations, etc.

Please ask L.L. Gill if he (she?) would be kind enough to repeat versions for GQ3.3.

Thanks, Phil

At this time I can't say if the gauges you're referring to (which were not done in-house) will be updated (that would not be my decision). But I will forward the suggestion on.

#10 Phil Callcott

Phil Callcott

Corporal

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Thank you Major, I look forward to a successful outcome.

Regards, Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users