Finished reading the rules last night and it looks like an exciting game. Ordered some Zombies and as soon as they come in we will be tossing some dice. Got some questions though …
- Pg. 5.2 - “Push” … this is not defined in the rules anywhere that I can find. I assume this result means the zombie(s) are pushed back but no indication of how far.
- Pg. 7.1 – “Slots” … this is also not defined in the rules anywhere. When and how are “slots” used?
- Pg. 11.1 – “Special Zombie” … missing the (ST) and MW stats.
- Melee Weapon Table – “Dagger” note says can be used as range weapon but no details on how.
- Missing Melee Weapon – The most important zombie killing weapon is missing … the chainsaw! Some thoughts: Reach 1, DE ?, ST 3, T 2, Class Two-Handed, Noise +2. Just a suggestion.
- Missing Rule – Thrown weapons. While technically ranged weapons, thrown weapons use the hero’s strength and range is somewhat affected by the hero’s strength as well. In addition, you don’t generally have an unlimited supply of “ammo” within easy reach. You may have a few daggers, but if you’re throwing rocks you need to spend a free action to bend down and pick up another. I would suggest adding throwing rules along with several “thrown” class weapons such as the dagger, rock, hand axe, etc.
- You might consider adding “ad hoc” weapons to both melee and range (and thrown) because I can see people wanting to slap around zombies with whatever is handy. Having an “ad hoc” set of stats will eliminate the need for making up stats on weapons not included in the rules.
- Something else missing, but I suspect is already being planned for a supplement … vehicles. You know it’s gonna happen … someone is going to want to run over some zombies in their pick-em-up truck.
Great rules Mike! Looking forward to playing them.