4 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian925

Adrian925

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi THere,

Does anyone have the stats for USS Alaska'a main battery?

Thanks

Adrian

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

The attached pdf has the logs for the Alaska and Montana class, plus some late/post war CLs and CAs.

Attached Files

#3 Adrian925

Adrian925

Private

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

Many thanks!

#4 GMG4RWF

GMG4RWF

Private

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

The attached pdf has the logs for the Alaska and Montana class, plus some late/post war CLs and CAs.

There's an error here. The Worcesters had a secondary battery of 3" 50s in DP mounts (while these did make up a lot of their AA armament they were still DP & bombardment capable, I worked with Mk 33s on LPHs & would have taken a toll on any DD/TPB attacks)

#5 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

There's an error here. The Worcesters had a secondary battery of 3" 50s in DP mounts (while these did make up a lot of their AA armament they were still DP & bombardment capable, I worked with Mk 33s on LPHs & would have taken a toll on any DD/TPB attacks)

The logs reflect the 'as designed' plan of the Worcesters.  The original plan had quad 40mm AA as the medium AA battery.  Later, the plan was amended to replace these with dual 3"/50 DPs.  To model the 'as built' version, you can add the 3"/50 DPs (5 to each broadside and 1 on the bow and 1 on the stern).  The AA values should remain the same, IIRC (I don't have the AA 'calculator' to hand).  Truth told, considering the construction dates for this class, it is highly unlikely that any would have been completed in time for action in anything but a very extended (ie, 1947-48) war.     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users