• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Is there anyone in the greater Phoenix Metro area that is interested in Mein Panzer.  If so, I will be hosting a game at Imperial Outpost Games on Saturday, August 1st starting around noon.  Here are the particulars.

I will be using GHQ micro armor on my GHQ Terrain Maker desert terrain.  The scenario will be a North Africa scenario between the Germans and the British.  I will try to keep the scenario fairly simple since I am introducing new people to the game.  We will use the advanced rules but tanks only so that players can concentrate on the basics of moving and direct fire.  I will design the scenario to be played in 2 to 3 hours maximum.

If you are in the greater Phoenix area and would like to play let me know.  My name is Pete Skaar and my e-mail address is pmskaarjuno.com or call me at 623-875-4785.

Thanks

Pete

#2 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:30 PM

I ran my Mein Panzer game at Imperial Outpost on August 1st.  I have to say it was very successful overall with 8 players and 2 moderators including  Bob Benge from ODGW.

Bob brought along several friends most of whom had not played or had not played in a while.  For the game, we did a fairly simple North Africa 1942 tank battle.

Everyone playing got into the game after just a couple of turns and although we called the game earlier than the turn limit, everyone had fun.

I will try to run another game at Imperial Outpost in a month or two.  At least a few players indicated they would like to do this again.

Pete

#3 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hey Everybody

I will be hosting another game at Imperial Outpost on Saturday, September 19th starting at around noon.  This will be a tank heavy game again and will be designed to teach new players the basics and have a fun game as well.

This one will again be set in North Africa between the British and Germans in 1942.

I have some pictures of our last game posted up on the GHQ forum under the thread "Show Us Your Games".

Pete

#4 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

Pete,

You can also upload pictures in ODGW Gallery!   Thanks for playing!!

#5 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

Hi Ken

Thanks very much for producing Mein Panzer.  I will upload a full AAR of our August 1st game in 2 or 3 weeks.  Would it be better to post the AAR in the Gallery or the AAR section?

Pete

#6 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

I will be hosting another Mein Panzer game at Imperial Outpost Games in Glendale, AZ on September 19th.  If anyone is out there and would like to play please let me know. 
My e-mail is pmskaar@juno.com.  Thanks.

Pete

#7 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

IPete,

I would post the AAR in the AAR section and Link pics that are in the gallery.

Good Luck with your game!

--Kenny

#8 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

Thanks Kenny!

Pete

#9 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

I will be hosting Mein Panzer at Imperial Outpost Games this Saturday.  The game will start around noon.  This game will be set in North Africa in 1942.  I have 6 people that plan on attending but can fit more people in, so if you would like to play please let me know.

Pete

#10 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

Our game at Imperial Outpost on Saturday was a great success.  We had six players for the game with two of them being brand new to th game.  The newbies really enjoyed the game and will very likely be back for future games.

Our next Mein Panzer event will be at Scott Stauffer's house in Avondale, AZ and will be a resumption of our mini  "Bulge" game.  This is basically a training game that pits a German panzergrenadier company with some additional assets vs. a dug in American infantry platoon.

The purpose of this game is to get new players familiar with the infantry rules, the artillery rules, and also spotting and hidden placement as well.

In November, we will do a "Big Bulge" game which will represent the opening attack of the 2nd Panzer Division against elements of the 110th Infantry Regiment.  The plan is to leave the game set up but to finish it in 2 days.  This will be an infantry heavy game but will also include halftracks, tanks, and assault guns plus some AT guns for the Americans.

It looks to be a very interesting situation.

Pete

#11 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

We played 2 more Mein Panzer games this year so far with more to come.

The first game we played at Imperial Outpost in Glendale, AZ was a Kursk game.  This one was on January 9th. We had 2 German players and 4 Russian players for that one.  It was bloody but everyone had a great time.

The second game was played on January 30th.  This was a Hungary 1944 scenario at Outpost featuring Hungarian armor vs Russian armor.  There were 2 Hungarian players and 3 Russians for this.  It was a very close game and everyone enjoyed it.

Next up, on Sunday, February 21st, we have a Normandy Breakout scenario.  This one will pit Shermans and maybe some Stuarts against German Pz IVs.  We are playing this one at Scott Stauffer's house this time.  If you are interested please e-mail me at pmskaar@juno.com.

Pete

#12 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

I will be hosting a Mein Panzer game at Imperial Outpost on Saturday, April 2nd.  This will be a Germany '45 scenario featuring Panthers and Tiger IIs for the Germans and T-34/85s, IS-IIs, and SU-100s for the Soviets.

If you are interested, please contact me at pmskaar@juno.com.

Pete

#13 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:34 PM

There is a correction to our schedule.  Our Germany '45 scenario is now scheduled for April 9th at Imperial Outpost.  The game starts at noon but I want everyone there by 11:30 for prep. 

Let me know if you are interested by contacting me at pmskaar#juno.com.

Pete

#14 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

I will be hosting another introductory Mein Panzer game at Imperial Outpost this coming Saturday, August 13th starting at noon.  This will be primarily for those unfamiliar with the rules and want to learn the basics.

I have 3 new players and another guy that hasn't played for a while for this game.  If there is anyone out there that wants to come, please let me know.

This game will be a 1942 North Africa game between the Germans and the British using the core advanced rules with tanks only.

Pete

#15 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:32 AM

Hi All

Are there any players in the greater Phoenix Metro area?  I live in Surprise and put on the occasional game at Imperial Outpost Games.  If anyone out there is interested in playing or learning to play, please let me know.

Thanks!

Pete Skaar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users