#1 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

They cost the same!?

Does purchasing the hardcopy also allow one to digitally download?

Dave

#2 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Clarification:  does purchasing the hard copy of the rules allow one to also digitally download the rules?

I assume purchasing the hard copy allows one to download the "bonus" material...

Dave

#3 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 894 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

Purchase and registration of the printed copy will also get you access to the digital copy and bonus material.  Purchase of the digital copy will get you access to the bonus material as registration is automatic when you purchase.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

#4 David Nichols

David Nichols

Private

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:00 AM

Yep, I purchased the hardcopy version yesterday morning and the soft copy was available in the private library by yesterday evening.

Reading is underway :-)

Cheers

David

#5 HalC

HalC

Private

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hi Guys.  I'm here because of the Age of Sail discussion Group online, and someone posted information about these rules.  I didn't see where one could purchase just the PDF, and I'm hoping that somewhere along the line, I can find someone to chat with via private email about the contents of the rules.  I have long LONGED for (no, not a typographical mistake!) a set of rules that were more strategic in scope for use with campaign games.  While I like some of the rules from Privateers and Gentlemen, there are some rules missing that I'd like to see such as repairs, cost of supplies and the like.  I'm hoping that either Post Captain has these rules in it, or that development is on the way for such rules.  I also wish I could find some decent data on sailing times between various ports and such.  In short, a nice little tactical simulation that allows for strategic elements.  At one point in time, I even emailed the curator of the HMS Victory for information on shot and powder costs, which he nicely provided for me (including costs for wadding).  Its the dumb stuff like that that I enjoy not just for simulation purposes, but also for understanding a slice of history.

Does this site take paypal as a means for payment?  If so, I've you've got a customer interested...    :)

#6 RazorMind

RazorMind

Corporal

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:15 PM

Yep, I purchased the hardcopy version yesterday morning and the soft copy was available in the private library by yesterday evening.

Reading is underway :-)

Cheers

David

Nice, I ordered mine Thursday and am still waiting on email confirmation that it was shipped.  Assuming the ODGW team is at Historicon and will not ship until next week :-(

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.

Capt. John Paul Jones

#7 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hi Guys.  I'm here because of the Age of Sail discussion Group online, and someone posted information about these rules.  I didn't see where one could purchase just the PDF, and I'm hoping that somewhere along the line, I can find someone to chat with via private email about the contents of the rules.  I have long LONGED for (no, not a typographical mistake!) a set of rules that were more strategic in scope for use with campaign games.  While I like some of the rules from Privateers and Gentlemen, there are some rules missing that I'd like to see such as repairs, cost of supplies and the like.  I'm hoping that either Post Captain has these rules in it, or that development is on the way for such rules.  I also wish I could find some decent data on sailing times between various ports and such.  In short, a nice little tactical simulation that allows for strategic elements.  At one point in time, I even emailed the curator of the HMS Victory for information on shot and powder costs, which he nicely provided for me (including costs for wadding).  Its the dumb stuff like that that I enjoy not just for simulation purposes, but also for understanding a slice of history.

Does this site take paypal as a means for payment?  If so, I've you've got a customer interested...    :)

POST CAPTAIN focuses on the far more common single ship duels and small squadron actions of the period. While there is a need for a more strategic level game, POST CAPTAIN, unfortunately, does not include rules for campaign and strategic games. As a suggestion, you may want to look into GMT's boardgame '1805: Sea of Glory'. This covers, at a strategic level, the campaign that led up to the Battle of Trafalgar.

Re: where to purchase the pdf. Click on the 'Store' tab at the top, then 'Digital Downloads' at the left (under Product Categories), then 'GQIII'. That'll take you to the correct page. And payment by PayPal is available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users