• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaycee

jaycee

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

I have recently bought the game and I don't have the above supplement - which according to the GQ3 System is 'included'. ???

Also, I need clarification on the Gunfire CRT Adjustments. If there are multiple adjustments up and this leads to an empty cell or off the table, is this one D12 or no hits possible??.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

I have recently bought the game and I don't have the above supplement - which according to the GQ3 System is 'included'. ???

Also, I need clarification on the Gunfire CRT Adjustments. If there are multiple adjustments up and this leads to an empty cell or off the table, is this one D12 or no hits possible??.

The WWI Navies Supplement is a separate download available through the download store (available here   http://www.odgw.com/...gital-download/).  It is not included with FAI. 

If the Gunfiire CRT Adjustments result in an empty cell, then no hit is possible.  This represents that the ship cannot generate a firing solution under the given conditions.  

#3 jaycee

jaycee

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

If the Gunfiire CRT Adjustments result in an empty cell, then no hit is possible.  This represents that the ship cannot generate a firing solution under the given conditions.  

I thought it may be the case, just checking. :)

What does surprise me though is that there are no modifiers for target speed.

I think there should be at least a couple :-

DIW / stopped : down 2 rows

<12kts             : down 1 row.

#4 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:55 PM

I thought it may be the case, just checking. :)

What does surprise me though is that there are no modifiers for target speed.

I think there should be at least a couple :-

DIW / stopped : down 2 rows

<12kts             : down 1 row.

Interesting enough, speed differences have far less impact on accuracy than range differences.  The director systems of the time were able to account for speed differentials since it was easier to track and "sense" target speed.  Consequently, it was felt that adding such modifiers for target speed were counter to the historical record.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users