• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robeubanks

robeubanks

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

It came up tonight, on only our second run-through of FAI, that certain critical hits are awkward to apply to a DD flotilla.  Specifically, Bridge hits and Rudder jammed hits...how do you apply those to a flotilla in a fleet action game?

Thanks in advance!

#2 pyruse

pyruse

Private

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

Reduce the flotilla size by 1 until the damage is fixed?

#3 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

It came up tonight, on only our second run-through of FAI, that certain critical hits are awkward to apply to a DD flotilla.  Specifically, Bridge hits and Rudder jammed hits...how do you apply those to a flotilla in a fleet action game?

Thanks in advance!

The only difference between the normal single ship log and the flotilla log is that the flotilla log has multiple DDs.  The manner in which damage is marked is the same for both; you mark off against whatever individual ship takes the damage and that ship would then move accordingly.  Each ship within the flotilla still moves and takes damage as an individual ship.     

#4 robeubanks

robeubanks

Private

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

Thanks, Cpt M.  I misunderstood the rule and thought that by using the flotilla option, I also would only use one or two DDs on a base to represent the flotilla.  So of course we couldn't figure out how to allocate critical hits.  Now that I understand that I still need to put the correct number of ship models out, it makes sense.  Thanks for the response!  Love the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users