Hi, this topic follows on from another thread.
HMS Renown underwent a comprehensive refit in 1938/39, which included the removal of two fixed underwater torpedo tubes from when she was first built.
Two "deck mounted quad 21" torpedo mounts were installed", ie 2 x 4 tubes.
Her crew nicknamed her the "largest destroyer in the fleet", which could indicate that these were of the type normally carried on the centre-line of a destroyer.
BUT, the ship log for her shows her as having 4 x 2 fixed tubes, two on each broadside.
Does anyone have access to a source that could clarify the issue?
If 2 x 4 tubes is correct, where were they mounted and could they pivot?
Thanks in anticipation,