• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

Getting ready to play this shortly and noticed it does not have any specific victory conditions. I know I can use the standard VC but was thinking would not the French be happy to reduce the speed of the British enough the escape?

Regards

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:01 PM

Getting ready to play this shortly and noticed it does not have any specific victory conditions. I know I can use the standard VC but was thinking would not the French be happy to reduce the speed of the British enough the escape?

Regards

Victory conditions were not specified in the scenarios on purpose.  The intent was to allow the players to set their own "victory conditions" based on the situation as they see it.  In this case, your interpretation would be a valid one.  On the other hand, an aggressive (possibly overly aggressive) French player, given the restraints imposed by the weather and the superiority in numbers, may well attempt to board and take Monarch.  The idea is to free the players from any imposed conditions and to let them determine their own course of action.   

#3 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:57 AM

Thanks - that works for us. I have been very impressed with the scenarios presented - good background and interesting situations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users