• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 September 2023 - 09:47 AM

I will be hosting a Mein Panzer demo game at Southwest Con in Tolleson, Arizona on Saturday, October 7th.  My game is set in North Africa in 1942 and is called Cruisin' for a Bruisin'.  The game is going to be a tank battle and is designed to get new players into the game as well as anyone else that may have played before but wants to have a simple, fun game.

The game will pit the Afrika Korps against the 8th Army around mid 1942.  The 2 German players will each command a reduced tank company of Panzer IIs and IIIs while the 2 British players will each have a reduced company of Crusader IIs.  This is actually a pretty good match-up as the Panzer IIIs and Crusader IIs have pretty similar stats overall.

In order to prep for this event, I will be doing a solo game at my place in order to shake the bugs out and make sure that the game will run smoothly at the convention.

I will be posting some pictures of my solo game here as things develop.  Stay tuned.

• Kenny Noe likes this

#2 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 10:38 AM

Southwest Con has been cancelled.  I will plan to run my Cruisin' for a Bruisin' scenario on October 21st at Imperial Outpost game store in Glendale, AZ.

#3 Kenny Noe

Kenny Noe

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 10:42 AM

Bummer!!  Good luck at the store.

#4 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 03:06 PM

Thanks, Kenny!  My solo game continues in prep for the game at Imperial Outpost on the 21st.  I have 2 people interested so far and hope to have at least 2 more for the game. 

#5 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 September 2023 - 11:04 PM

Here are a couple pictures of the layout for Cruisin' for a Bruisin'  and the initial forces for each side.

53188219894_851f32ffbd_k.jpg

53188523783_e6260451a7_k.jpg

53188523338_f10491fd0a_k.jpg

53188220034_c9f0afade1_k.jpg

• Kenny Noe likes this

#6 healey36

healey36

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 16 September 2023 - 10:47 AM

Nice undulating terrain for the desert, Peter. Looks great, as does the OOB components  :)

Any idea why the con got bagged? We've got Fall In! rolling up in November...I'm hoping to make that.

#7 Peter M. Skaar

Peter M. Skaar

Captain

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 11:12 PM

Hi Healey

I have not heard the reason as to why the Con was cancelled.  I have heard some speculation but nothing official.  It would be nice to know what really happened with that.

In the meantime, I will be doing a solo Mein Panzer game with pictures on my own thread here.  This game is in prep for a game I will be doing on October 21st at Imperial Outpost in Glendale, AZ.

• healey36 likes this

#8 healey36

healey36

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA

Posted 22 September 2023 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the update, Peter; the equipment and terrain looks sharp (as always).

Here, HMGS' Cold Wars 2024 has been cancelled. My understanding is they had trouble finding a new venue, a director, and the number of volunteers may have been an issue. I suspect costs are through the roof as well. It's a March event, so sometimes weather can be problematic. A lot of effort goes into organizing these cons; hopefully we've not seen the last of Cold Wars.

I look forward to reports re: the solo run-through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users