• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

I am interested in designing a scenario from the Bagration offensive using elements of the Soviet 223rd Tank regiment that were equipped with Valentines and Shermans. The Shermans have obviously OM3 modifiers; however did the Soviets ever use this capability? I am guessing that their training did not include firing on the move as standard procedure. Anyone know if the Soviets ever fired on the move?

#2 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:01 AM

Another site has recommended this book, which I have now ordered, "Commanding the Red Army's Sherman Tanks: The World War II Memoirs of Hero of the Soviet Union Dmitriy Loza", translated and edited by James F. Geghardt, University of Nebraska Press, 1996.

#3 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:27 PM

Interesting you are researching this right now. Just found a pretty good site on Allied Lend-lease to the Soviet Union.Cheers,Gregory

#4 Trotsky

Trotsky

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:36 PM

That's a great site worth visiting just for the images.

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

Great site, Gregory. It will go in the favoites!I would say that the gyrostabilization was not sent to the Russians. I will give a look into it as soon as I can, but even it was included I would be very willing to bet that it was locked out like most of the US tanks were. Let me know what you find out if I don't get back to you in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users