I was wondering what color people are painting IDF vehicles? I saw that Vallejo has IDF Gray but for 1/285th model's wont that be too dark? I also don't want to mix paint so something close.
Thanks
Jim
Posted 10 September 2026 - 12:35 PM
I was wondering what color people are painting IDF vehicles? I saw that Vallejo has IDF Gray but for 1/285th model's wont that be too dark? I also don't want to mix paint so something close.
Thanks
Jim
Posted 10 September 2026 - 04:45 PM
Jim,
Posted 11 September 2026 - 10:15 AM
Thanks Kenny,
It does help and kind of what I was thinking. On a off topic question. I was wondering if you have a map/ideas and size for terrain on the Dothan Valley scenario you did the OOB for? I was planning on 4x6 with low ridges on each side and covered with scrub.
Thanks
Jim
Posted 12 September 2026 - 09:29 AM
Jim,
Unfortunately, I do not at this time. I'm working on Mein Panzer Scenario books for publication. My hope is that these can be published quicker than a databook and cover many periods.
When I ran Dothan Valley, I used a 10 x 6 table. The valley part ran down the 10 ft length. I had a 2 ft deployment / entrance zone at the beginning of the valley and a 2 ft area at the exit of the valley. So the valley part was only 6ft, but had plenty of cover places for ambushes and defensive positions.
The game is a little tricky because if the Jordanian player ignores the retreat order, they can sit at the opening of the valley and turkeyshoot the Israeli's. Not a fun game.
So I imposed a scenario rule, the Jordanian player had to use their bonus move (retreat) for the first two turns and the third turn double move (retreat). Once they got out of the valley they could setup however they wanted. Made for a more historic game although if I recall the Israeli's still lost. <grin>
Thanks
Posted 12 September 2026 - 12:06 PM
Thanks!
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users