I hosted Mein Panzer at my local FLGS, Play or Draw, in Surprise, AZ. This was another go of my "Stemming the Tide" scenario which I have run a number of times now. The scenario takes place on the Russian Front in WWII right after Kursk as the Russians go over to the offensive. During one attack, the Russians breach the German main line and are trying to get into the German rear area. A scratch force of German panzers is sent to stop them and plug the gap.
I had 5 players for this game. Of the 5, I had 2 veteran players that have played in a lot of my games, I had 2 returning players that have not played in a while, and 1 player new to the rules but familiar with miniatures wargaming. Each of the 3 Russian players commanded a T-34 company of 10 tanks each with 1 of the veterans on that side plus the new guy. The two German players each had a reduced company of 14 tanks with a mix of Panzer IIIs and IVs.
Their were 3 main geographical objectives including the village in the north, the hill in the center, and 3 bridges in the south for the Russians to take and the Germans to try to defend.
The Germans got a pre-move to get their forces on the board. After that, both sides rolled for initiative and the game was on.
This game went 4 full turns before we called it as a Russian victory when one of the players had to leave. The Russians had pretty much taken the village in the north and were putting great pressure on the hill in the center. The Germans had lost almost 1 whole company while the second had lost most of the tanks defending the hill.
Everyone had a great time and the new player is interested in playing again. I also talked with a couple of other guys that are into Flames of War and they indicated they are interested in playing in future games that I host.
I am taking this scenario to Mini Wars in Fullerton for this coming Sunday. I will be making some minor tweaks to the terrain but overall the game is pretty well balanced with the Russians having better tanks overall but the Germans having better veteran troops.
Here are a few pictures.





Mein Panzer - "Stemming the Tide" September 26th
Started by
Peter M. Skaar
, Today, 06:41 PM
No replies to this topic
#1
Posted Today, 06:41 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users






