• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Henderson

Robert Henderson

Private

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:03 AM

Are extra national charts and other game aids going to be available for purchase?

#2 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:18 AM

Hello ... when you get your copy of the rules, there will be a unique serial number that you'll use to register your game with us. That will get you into a private access area of the website where you can download extra copies of the charts and aids, at no extra cost.There are no plans to offer these for purchase, although if you want to purchase extras instead of downloading them we can work something out.

#3 Jim O'Neil

Jim O'Neil

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSE Arizona, Sierra Vista/ Ft Huachuca area

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:20 PM

For us old fudds who don't see as well as we used to... can we get a bigger versions of the ship Charts... perhaps if the paper were turned landscape and they were printed 4 deep by 3 wide ... not sure of exactly what would fit, but these little 1X2's require me to use a magnifying glass...

#4 Jim O'Neil

Jim O'Neil

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSE Arizona, Sierra Vista/ Ft Huachuca area

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:33 AM

Will we get the 'formula' allowing us to build our own ship charts ? I have several here that you will never do, because they are my creations, or never built ships, once considered.The The US Flight Deck Cruiser (CLV) of 1933; The German Light Carrier MAX IMMELMAN, built on the 4th Panzerschiffe hull. (bumping back when you can have SCHARNHORST). HMS ST. GEORGE, the G-3 Battlecruiser as she was rebuilt in 1938, alnog with the rebuilt HOOD, when The QE & VALIANT were retired to secondary duties because of their slow speed.The Netherlands Battle Cruiser TIGER, acquired from Great Britain in 1929 and thoroughly rebuilt/modernized over the next few years.I am sure there will be other people think of. One of the Great Strengths of GQ 1&2 was the ability to make charts for ships like these.

#5 Alex Stoddart

Alex Stoddart

Private

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:15 AM

WILL THE CHARTS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD INCLUDE BLANK SHIP CHARTS SO WE CAN MAKE UP FLEET LISTS FOR THE SHIPS WE HAVE, AND NOT HAVE THEM CLUTTERED UP BY SHIPS WE DON'T. OTHER THAN THAT THE CHARTS ETC. ARE GREAT ONCE YOU GET USED TO THEM.:P

#6 Lonnie Gill

Lonnie Gill

Captain

• ODGW Staff
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:41 PM

Bravo6 and Pugwash,The design info will be available in the bonus files which you can access elsewhere on the ODGW web site. Most of the design data is already there. I have to add one more for determining the number of Hull boxes which will be added soon. Further, I noted the casual discussion on some other web sites about breaking the PDF and violating my copyright. I suppose this is a reflection of the ethics of the 21st Century. Better that we should work together. I will add a blank Excel file to the Design Files so you can create your own alternatives and hypothetical ships. One of the strengths of General Quarters has always been that you can evolve it the way you want. Additionally, I had planned to provide some additional Ship Logs as a supplemental service for lunch money for other battles, time periods and navies. Let me know what you're interested in. By design, the Ship Logs are not rocket science, but do take a while to prepare and proof as you'll see when you prepare your own.Finally, the scenario and campaign files, when added to the Bonus Files on the web site, will contain several additional gratis Ship Logs for late 1941 (Wake Island) and the Aleutians in 1943.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users