14 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:59 PM

I have now started revising all the WW2 Databook chapters. As each country is finished, it will be posted to the WW2 Databook Private Access Library for all registered players to download.At this point in time, these revised files are NOT "official". Playtesters will be digesting each post to make sure I haven't goofed something up. In addition, players are more than welcome to point out errors as well.The Download Library has been reorganized and all the older files have been moved to their own sub-folder. A new folder, called "Individual Files (Revised)" has been created and this is where you will find new posts.Note: This Download Library is only accessible by those who have purchased the WW2 Databook AND registered their copy with us. If you do not own a copy of this book, you can purchase a current copy in the Storefront, or you can purchase just online access. Either purchase will get you access to all the current files AND all the revised files as they are posted.Enjoy !!

#2 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

A dozen countries have been posted, including Finland, France, and Germany. If you download any, please look them over carefully and let me know if there are any formatting problem or other mistakes.Thanks!

#3 Romain Breuer

Romain Breuer

Corporal

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:47 AM

Hi Jon, I lokked at the revisions of the WWII Data Book and saw the Finland Chapter. There is a more specific Finnland Chapter in Scenario Pack 2. Wouldn't it be logical to have only one chapter in the game?I also noted a small error in the German chapter. In the Infantry Squad table you write Fallshirmjäger instead of Fallschirmjäger.

#4 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:35 AM

Hey Bob,Equipment wise, the Finnish Chapter in the revision is vastly improved over the original WW2 Data Book Finnish Chapter and the Scenario Pack 2. I made a large amount of additions to the guns sections (artillery, AA, Infantry Weapons and Antitank). Also, the Scenario Pack 2 info should have been included into the updated Finnish Chapter, as I believe that I used it to base the WW2 Finnish Chapter, excepting of course the intro pages. If there are any omissions please let us know what they are and we'll get them included. From what I have seen comparing the two, excepting the intro page of course, the new and improved Finnish Chapter is a major improvement over both the Scenario Pack 2 and original WW2 Data Book. Please note that it is our intention to drop all of the original scenario packs, so these will hit dinosaur stage in the near future. Scenario Packs will be released in a new format and subject matter afterword.Jon,What about replacing the Finnish Capsule with most of the Scenario Pack 2 Finnish intro page (excluding the Finnish Army section)? Or placing it in the Download section of the WW2 Data Book as an extra download? Just a thought. :whistle:

#5 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 13 December 2006 - 06:37 AM

Jon,I love the new TO&E format!Now how do I do it for the SCW Data Book? :evil:

#6 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:08 AM

The Scenario Packs will be retired in the near future. The plan is to come out with SPs that will concentrate on a specific theater of the war. Some of the old scenarios may reappear in the formats. Those that do not reappear will be placed in the Scenario Repository.SP1 had a nice Poland chapter and SP2 has one on Finland. What I will do is ultimately put these into the WW2 Databook Private Library. I will have to do some thinking on how to reformat the chapter when that happens. This is actually a good idea as we can slowly write up other countries in more detail.

#7 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:09 AM

bbenge wrote:

Jon,I love the new TO&E format!Now how do I do it for the SCW Data Book? :evil:

Hmmmm ... I didn't realize I had a new format.

#8 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 04:32 PM

Posted Today: Greece, Holland, Hungary, India, and Italy.

#9 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:40 AM

Hmmmm ... I didn't realize I had a new format.

Well, if you look at the original data boks then look at what you have now, I would say that the new TO&Es are not formatted as they originally were. ;)

#10 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:39 PM

Lots of countries posted today: Japan, Poland, Soviet Union, Latvia, New Zealand, Norway, Romania, Slovakia, and South Africa.Enjoy!

#11 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:47 PM

Ahem....about those Morale and Recovery values?Gregory

#12 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:44 PM

Good News ... ALL countries that will appear in the WW2 Databook have been posted to the WW2 Databook Private Access Library. That's a total of 31 countries for your reading pleasure.Please note these files are not yet "official". Each will probably undergo some minor repair work in the next couple of weeks. With the holidays closely approaching this repair work may be a little slower in getting completed.Still to do for the 2nd Edition WW2 Databook: Special Rules, Credits, and Table of Contents.Also, we have several countries that have not been included in the printed data book in the past. These will be "bonus" files available only for download. This will NOT appear until after the first of the year and then will only be part of a regular update schedule.ENJOY !! B)

#13 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

Here are some numbers:334 country pages (not counting special rules, etc ... just countries)31 Countries included261 Troop Types557 Small Arms (not counting "upgrades")3640 Vehicles1999 Aircraft277 pieces of Ordnance270 Naval Ships122 Amphibious and Landing Craft197 TO&E------------------There are over 6800 pieces of equipment and almost 7500 individual entries from all tables.Though ya'll would find these numbers interesting.Enjoy !!

#14 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:53 AM

That's All!!!! :evil: Gesh, I need to get back to work, I was trying to hit 10,000! :woohoo:

#15 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Special Rules Chapter and Title/Credits Page have been posted. All that remains is the Table of Contents ... this should be finished in a couple days.Next up ... The Secret Weapons Supplement for the WW2 Databook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users