1 reply to this topic

#1 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:46 PM

OK,I do have the money to buy ABL but I need some questions answered before I make the plunge.#1. What is the ground scale?#2. What is the range of rifles or muskets in the AWI, MAW and ACW?#3. How many men does each base represent?#4. How many guns does an artillery base represent?#5. The same for cavalry?#6. Do I need the cards that are advertised in the store?Joe

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hey Joe,I'll takle this one. Any statement in quotes is direct from the ABL rule book.#1. What is the ground scale?"Ground scale will vary depending upon the miniature scale used. However, 1" = 25 yards was used for the base at 15mm, and adjusted proportionally for the other figure scales."#2. What is the range of rifles or muskets in the AWI, MAW and ACW?Are you looking for effective or maximum range and at what scale? I will use 15mm scale and both rangesAWI--- Smoothebore...Effective - 3" Max - 8"--- Rifles........Effective - 4" Max - 16"MAW--- Smoothebore...Effective - 3" Max - 8"--- Rifles........Effective - 4-5" Max - 16-20"ACW--- Smoothebore...Effective - 3" Max - 8"--- Rifles........Effective - 8-10" Max - 24-32"Note that these are approximations as there are many different types of weapons for each period and the numbers are reflective of averages of the weapon types.#3. How many men does each base represent?"One infantry or cavalry stand, usually 3-4 figures, represents a company where one figure equals 20 real soldiers."#4. How many guns does an artillery base represent?"One artillery stand is represented by a single cannon and equals a battery section in the game. Two or more stands are combined to represent full batteries."Typically one stand represents a section of 2 guns#5. The same for cavalry?"One infantry or cavalry stand, usually 3-4 figures, represents a company where one figure equals 20 real soldiers."#6. Do I need the cards that are advertised in the store?No you do not and I am not sure we have any in stock. If interested let me know and I can check.Hope this helps Joe! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users