3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:55 PM

Hi,I recently bought the rules and am really looking forward to playing them but I have a question for you.I have over 200 bases 1"x1" with 3 figures per base. That's going to take a long time to rebase and I would like to play soon.How would you handle this? Should I just add 1 base to the regiment to make up for having less figures? For example instead of a 16 figure unit with 4 bases go to 5 bases with 3 figures per base?Joe

#2 Bob Benge

Bob Benge

Mein Panzer Guru

• ODGW Staff
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:34 AM

Hi Joe,In answer to: "Should I just add 1 base to the regiment to make up for having less figures? For example instead of a 16 figure unit with 4 bases go to 5 bases with 3 figures per base?"This would work just fine. The only basing requirement iis to be consistant for both sides. rebasing in our games is not required, only recommended. :)

#3 Jonathan Coulter

Jonathan Coulter

Lt Colonel

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationStephens City, VA

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

I should point out a stand in ABL is intended to represent a company. As stands are lost penalties accumulate. With only three figures on a base, you will loose stands more rapidly and as a result built up these penalties at a greater rate.I do NOT, however, recommend you rebase your miniatures. Since both sides will be based the same, then both sides will be affected by this greater accumulation of penalties equally. If you don't like this idea or if it causes problems, my recommendation would be to place casualty caps/markers on the stand and only remove it after it has taken four casualties. This way you can continue to use your 3-figure stands and keep the balance built into the system.Either way ... ENJOY !!

#4 Joe LePard

Joe LePard

Corporal

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAda, MI

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:21 PM

Hi,I'm not going to rebase. Each stand of 3 figures will remove the stand after the 4th kill.Thanks for the help.Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users