• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Wimpenny

Richard Wimpenny

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

The German High Seas Fleet Ship Logs have a 'Bulkhead' that can be marked off as damage, but there is no 'Bulkheade' damage (that I can see) on the 'Gun Fire Damage' table. Is this correct, or am I missing something? Many thanks for any clarifications.

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:36 PM

The German High Seas Fleet Ship Logs have a 'Bulkhead' that can be marked off as damage, but there is no 'Bulkheade' damage (that I can see) on the 'Gun Fire Damage' table. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Nope, you're not missing a thing. If you look at all of the national Damage CRTs for the BA-BD column, you'll notice that a 'Bulkhead' hit is not included on any of them. And this was by design. As to the Ship Logs for BA-BD armored ships having the 'Bulkhead' location, well, the Ship Logs were built on a common template for all ships, so the 'Bulkhead' damage location was just carried over from the template. In the case of ships with BB to BD armor, you can just ignore the 'Bulkhead' location. (In truth, the 'Bulkhead' location should probably have been removed for ships with BA-BD armor, but with all the logs that needed to be prepared, it was quicker and easier to just leave it place.)

#3 Richard Wimpenny

Richard Wimpenny

Private

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for the reply. Actually, what I should have said was that the High Seas Fleet is the only navy with no 'Bulkhead' damage on the torpedo and mine table, not gunnery. Is this a reflection of stout German construction?Richard

#4 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the reply. Actually, what I should have said was that the High Seas Fleet is the only navy with no 'Bulkhead' damage on the torpedo and mine table, not gunnery. Is this a reflection of stout German construction?

Yes, this reflects the higher degree of sub-division that the Germans used in their large ships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users