• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

Folks,I have just about completed the entire OOB for Jutland in 1/3000. Two capital ships and several destroyers is all that is left to paint. I am trying to speed up combat resolution for such a large battle and want to change the tables around to speed up combat resolution.Can you guys provide me with and excel or word file for the British & German charts so that I may arrange the charts in a way that speeds up the battle? If so could I get them for all of the WW1 combatants? I have all the rules and supplements and want to speed things up for large battles.If I do this right combats will be resolved without changing from one chart to another.Best, Chuck:)

#2 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

More information...I am wanting to have the charts & tables on a laminated 11x17 page.Best regards, Chuck:silly:

#3 Lonnie Gill

Lonnie Gill

Captain

• ODGW Staff
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

G’ Day Chuck,Unfortunately, I am unable to send you an Excel or Word file with the WW I combat charts. There are several reasons for this.1.There are some legal and copyright issues that would make that awkward.2.The original files are quite fragile and difficult to maintain in presentable format. If folks had access to these fragile files, it would be easy to end up with inaccurate or inadequately formatted charts, which some might represent to other gamers as official charts. ODGW already provides pdfs of these charts on the website for registered owners to download for their own use. You can print copies and cut and paste as you desire. Similarly, I have provided an Excel file and the corresponding symbology for those who want to make their own Ship Logs. A number of the gaming crew have made some very fine Logs with them.3.There is no subtle way to say this. The charts are my intellectual property and represent considerable effort in working out the mechanisms and format tricks needed to make the end products satisfactory. The cavalier attitude towards copyrights and habit of indiscriminant copying to provide free copies for your thousand closest friends so pervasive these days concerns me. Witness what has happened to the music and record store business. Ours is a small but enthusiastic hobby. But it’s not one where a massive I Tunes cheap download volume would make up for lost sales.That said, we’re all looking forward to 2016 and the chance to plan Jutland recreations. Trying to recreate all or part of that gigantic clash is a formidable task that would benefit from the short cuts some of our innovative gaming crew might devise. If you’d like to send me your e-mail address, I’d be happy to discuss your ideas off line and see if I might be able to be of some assistance. Anything we come up with would be provided as a free download for other gamers to use.LONNIE

#4 Charles Hamack

Charles Hamack

Private

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

Lonnie,I agree with all you have said and don't want you to compromise. Plese send me a small note off board.My email is:hamackcf.bmi.netThe first . is an at.Best regards, Chuck:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users