• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peter D

Peter D

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

I've recently purchased a copy of the Complete RN ship logs (great stuff you've saved me a lot of research). However, I've noticed that there is an inconsistency between Radar ratings and the combat charts. Many RN ships are shown with Radar = on the ship logs (example: HMS Ajax), yet there is no line for this radar type on the RN Radar Acquisition table. My gut feel is to use the radar- line but shift one or two columns to the right.

Is there an official GQ3 policy on how to handle this situation? Anyone using house rules to cover it?

Thanks

Peter

#2 Cpt M

Cpt M

Colonel

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

I've recently purchased a copy of the Complete RN ship logs (great stuff you've saved me a lot of research). However, I've noticed that there is an inconsistency between Radar ratings and the combat charts. Many RN ships are shown with Radar = on the ship logs (example: HMS Ajax), yet there is no line for this radar type on the RN Radar Acquisition table. My gut feel is to use the radar- line but shift one or two columns to the right.

Is there an official GQ3 policy on how to handle this situation? Anyone using house rules to cover it?

Thanks

Peter

Unfortunately, the RN '=' radar was added by the author the Deluxe Ship Logs without reference to the original rules. The original RN ship logs (provided with the rules and Amendment 1) do not have any ships with a '=' radar (and neither does the RN CRT since there was no need for a '=' line). In this case, I suggest using the French '=' radar stats for the RN '=' radar.

#3 Peter D

Peter D

Private

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thanks

PD

#4 Dave Franklin

Dave Franklin

Captain

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs CO

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

I believe I asked a similar question in the past, search the forum and see if it made the transistion from the old forum.

IIRC, the response was R= is treated like R- with a max range of 10,000 yards. Now that I think about it, my question might have been about R= RFC, not search radar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users