2 replies to this topic

#1 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hello All,
My pal and I are busily banging away at each other in a Savo Island free-for-all, learning the rules, making egregious errors and generally mucking up and having a good time. We like the rules and the details choices presented, altho we can't honestly say we've a grip on them.

To this end, I've made a cheat sheet QRS for just torpedo attacks. I'd like both feedback and to then share it with the group. It's just a WORD doc. However, the topic is a copywrighted set of rules, so I thought I should check in and see how I should proceed.

Thanks for any guidence, preferably from the copywright holders!

#2 gregoryk

gregoryk

GQ3 Product Manager

• ODGW Retired Staff
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

Hello All,
My pal and I are busily banging away at each other in a Savo Island free-for-all, learning the rules, making egregious errors and generally mucking up and having a good time. We like the rules and the details choices presented, altho we can't honestly say we've a grip on them.

To this end, I've made a cheat sheet QRS for just torpedo attacks. I'd like both feedback and to then share it with the group. It's just a WORD doc. However, the topic is a copywrighted set of rules, so I thought I should check in and see how I should proceed.

Thanks for any guidence, preferably from the copywright holders!

Posting a table here is not a problem. It would be an issue if you posted it elsewhere and tried to sell it, so go ahead with your cheat sheet and share it with the community.

#3 Aman

Aman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

OK here it is. The formatting gets all messed up, but the forum is saying I'm now allowed to post this kind of file, so oh well.
GQ3 Torpedo QRS: 1.4
The Solomons Campaign / USN vs. IJN Torpedo

• Torpedo Plotting. Occurs after ship plotting in Tactical Plot Phase.
• [Plotting Dummy Attacks. Can be plotted “within reason”, 1.4.5.]
• 1.4.1 Torpedo Mounts. Circled number indicates Rotating Mount and # Tubes. Blackened = weaker 18”& old 21”, and 16”-18” MTB torpedoes.
• 1.4.2 Minimum Range to arm torpedoes is 500y.
• 1.4.3 Arc of Fire is 90° to port / starboard.
• 1.4.4 Depth. Standard is default, hits BA-BD belt armor, over subs at periscope depth. Deep hits below BA- BD belt armor and under DD, DE, PC & TB.
• 1.4.5 Attack Plots. One ½” tape per mount firing next to ship = spread direction/width. Write on tape Deep/Standard, Turn #, # Tubes, then cover tape with blue paper. Draw line through expended Torpedo Mount. Each mount is aimed separately!
• Torpedo Hits. Firing Captain checks each miniature within range and spread.
• Torpedo Resolution. Successful interception of miniature, go to Torpedo CRT.
o Across to # torpedoes in mount. Down to target ship range band for numbers.
o Roll d12, 1st hit if within number span listed, but even USN hits are duds!
o Multiple torpedo hits may occur if dice roll < torpedoes in spread. Roll again, if second roll < decreased # torpedoes, 2nd hit. Repeat until miss/torpedoes all hit.
o Multiple targets occur if another ship intersected successfully after first and there are still swimming torpedoes. Repeat process above for new target.
o
• 1.4.7 Torpedo Damage. Adjust for torpedo size, etc, target captain rolls.
• Dead in Water. A ship is DiW when a torpedo hit floods 3+ Hull boxes, the damaged ship must take a Morale Check as per 1.8.2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users